Forum Topics Demergers & Spin outs
Muddled
3 years ago

Also Widgie Nickel began trading yesterday de-merged from NMT but not showing in Companies Listing

BkrDzn
4 years ago

Does the platform handle spin outs or demergers from holdings and if not does it plant to do so at some point?

I bring it up as ALK spun out ASM which commenced trading today and given the minimal price move in ALK and strong bid in ASM, there is a bit of value that would be getting missed.

Bear77
4 years ago

And TPG spun out Tuas (TUA) on June 30th after the TPG-Vodafone Merger completed. At this point I think the Strawman.com Admin team have to enter these spin-outs in manually, as the data provider does not automatically provide that data, as we have seen with share consolidations.

Strawman
4 years ago

Yeah spin outs are not handled by the data provider (S&P) but we've done a bit of work lately that will allow me manually adjust user portfolios. I'll get on ASM and TUA today.

BkrDzn
4 years ago

ASM is in the portfolio. Thanks for sorting it out Strawman.

Bear77
4 years ago

Yes, I got my ASM and my TUA Strawman, thanks. BkrDzn, you'll probably have a 0% gain on your Strawman.com scorecard for your ASM shares, since the cost base was zero dollars, but try buying some more - even just the one share, since you don't have any brokerage costs here in Strawman.com, and watch what happens to your percentage gain!