Forum Topics Snippets you get from Ausbiz TV
Scherobi
4 days ago

I centrainly dont mind sharing the Powre BI (pbix) and simply Excel sheet that feeds the Daily Course of Sales insights,  let me figure out and make it as generic as possible re the source file folder location for importing et etc

I'll come back to you on it and post a download link somewhere

Scherobi
4 days ago

for everyone / anyone who is interested you should be able to download the power bI report and the required Excel data source sheet too onto your own machines

there's some instructions in the tab of the Excel sheet, the main one being this is all setup to run from the assumed location c:\powerbi on your machine

here it is

so it was something I created for myself, I din't go too bells and whistles in the sourcing of the data as I'm pretty compforatble with Excel and PowerBI given my background.

but if you follow the steps and can download Power BI from Microsoft and can manage the csv for Course of Sales into the main Excel sheet you shouldn't need to do anything techy with Power BI just refresh the data and start driving it

I have tested it all running from the same c:\powerbi folder and was fine, I left it pre-loaded with 2 x days of RNT and today SPZ course of sale data

all the best with it

anyone who does gets up and running let me know as I'll be relieved with the instructions and setup to make it generic for you all

Scherobi
2 weeks ago

So today (like most days) I had Ausbiz playing while I was monitoring and researching some trades and I heard two really interesting things that sparked my inner data geek and saw me invest a few hours to spin up some data analytics using the Commsec Daily Course of Sales data.

In reverse order:

• During The Last Call I heard Andrew say that there's alot of value to be had in Small Caps if you're prepared to go the extra mile, because in the main part the big guys cant touch them until they enter into an Index usually
  • Earlier during The Call hosted by Nadine today the discussion around QFE got my interest

So taking on board Andrew's statement, I felt that I wanted to understand money flow into a 'Small Cap' by visualising the data that is free and available in the format of Course of Sales.

disclosure : my employment (when I get back into that mode) is a data geek - officially a Data Analyst which kind of comes in handy with investing / trading

The picture in my mind was that I wanted to know the level below Open, High, Low , Close and Volume with respects to a day's trade (would have been especially interesting for Fat Fish the other day), so using the csv that is freely available to be downloaded (even intra day if you were that keen) and the Microsoft product Power BI, I stood up a little analytics app where I can now break down:

• wavg Share Price throughout the course of the day / hour / minute / second
  • money flows similarly
  • assess how much a Low or High was in play or if they just got 'touched' by someone closing out their larger order

I understand that you're probably thinking this sounds like Day trading, yeas and no.  You see I have some positions in small cap and back to what Andrew was saying you have to be able to stomach the swings and IMO that means understand the trades.  (maybe I think that way because to me it's only data)

So I have done that (Thanks Andrew and Nadine), and just as a screen snap example using today (19th Feb 2021) for QFE  - Quick Fee Limited, I have posted that screen grab with some dot points over on QFE

I guess I'd probably look to use this info to justify when and what price to take a position and go in knowing, or at least having an expectation, of what other recent positions holders may have as their holding costs. 

So if you're interested in data atthat transactional level and spottign trends within the same, check it out over on QFE in a few minutes time.

Thanks Ausbiz crew, keep up the good content.

Disclaimers / DYOR and all that, but I have reconciled total Volume and Total $ Value of my aggregations of the detail which is Course of Sales to the totals being reported on the Trading Platform Website.

Strawman
2 weeks ago

Interesting stuff @Scherobi, thanks for sharing!

Scherobi
2 weeks ago

@Strawman all sorts of Interesting when you get down deeper into some of the more "lumpy trades" of the illiquid smaller cap stocks

conwaydean
2 weeks ago

Love the use of PowerBI. Would you be willing to share the PBI file?

1FootTrader
2 weeks ago

Thankyou, @Scherobi for getting your Geek-on... Geekish correlations in number flows sounds to fun, twas like watching birds fly 'for the Wright brothers in '03'!

MattBricks
4 days ago

Awesome! Thanks for the post.