Forum Topics Reporting Season is Coming
UncleWally
3 years ago

Most of my holdings report in the 3rd and 4th week of August. I think Andrew once described it as drinking from a fire hose!

Some companies have already advised the market on which date they will release their report and I make a note of them.

You could expect more to announce their release dates as we approach the busy period. In the past, I found the generic reporting calenders to be inaccurate and missing a lot of

the smaller companies that many Strawman members follow. Sometimes these companies will announce their dates to shareholders by email or newsletter.

Perhaps this is something Strawman could look at. I'm thinking a Reporting Calender template that members could contribute to when they have had a date confirmed by a company they own or follow. Sometimes they also provide a link to a webcall that some members would find useful. I have no idea how to make that work.

FYI, dates confirmed so far from companies I own or follow are,

Wednesday, 21.7.21 Whispir - ASX:WSP (tomorrow) Q4 FY21 Activities Update and Invester Call

Wednesday, 18.8.21 Nearmap - ASX:NEA FY21 results 

Monday,        23.8.21 Altium - ALU & Audinate - AD8

Friday,           27.8.21 Alcidion - ALC

CHill
3 years ago

Just finished watching the AusBiz reporting season "bootcamp" featuring hosts Nadine Blaney & Scott Philips. Can access this 1 hour video from the AusBiz website for those interested.

Bit of a summary on what to lookout for from the special guests that featured on the show:

Luke Laretive – Cash Flow Return on Invested Capital. CFROIC works well for identifying how good companies are at generating cash from their investment decisions

Marcus Bogdan – Margins/Cyclicality of earnings, Organic vs Acquisition Growth, Growth of earnings vs competitors, Maintenance vs growth CAPEX, focus on balance sheet metrics, coverage ratios, net debt/EBITDA

Eleanor Swanson – How does the company compare to market expectations, outlook statement, change in investment thesis in results/outlook, balance sheet health, are margins in line with historical trends