Forum Topics Premium will be Great
Figgy
3 years ago

I've been a mostly non posting lurker up until now. Learning from the likes of Bear77, wini, CanadianAussie and Strawman to name a few. I just decided I learnt so much about small caps from this site that even if I didn't feel I made the money spent on premium "back" in better performance in the next year it was like a pay what you think it's worth restaurant in arrears. 

The psychological effect of parting with money is interesting- here I am posting not 5 mins after joining premium. But if it drives me to be a better reader / investor, the membership offer is worth it. 

Remorhaz
3 years ago

Congratulations Andrew and team on the launch of Premium - must feel great after so many years of dedicated and hard work. Your support of the community has not gone unnoticed

I joined (premium) today to offer my support and hope to learn and share as I progress (as a relatively new investor)

Bear77
3 years ago

31-July-2021:  I've disclosed in another forum that I've joined Premium.  Wini has joined also - see below - which is very good news as Luke's contributions and performance here over the past 3 years have been second to none in my opinion.  I would be interested to hear from the following contributors whether they have also joined up for Premium yet -

• Rapstar
  • Noddy74
  • Scott
  • edgescape
  • stevegreenycom
  • CanadianAussie
  • Noicewon11
  • Slats
  • ArrowTrades
  • Rick
  • Shivrak
  • SlyMeat
  • elpaso96
  • AlphaAngle
  • Chagsy
  • Storge
  • Slomo
  • ag11
  • Star
  • Joshday65

Sorry if you've already confirmed your move to Premium on a forum and I've missed it, or if I've forgotten to include you on that list - I actually follow way more than just that group, but they are just a few of those off the top of my head who I would certainly miss hearing from if they chose not to become premium members.

I suspect most of them have joined up for Premium based on Starwman's comment below: "It's also been great to see virtually all of our top ranked members join us -- it gives me great confidence for the future of Strawman."  

Noddy74
3 years ago

Hey Bear et al, yep I'm in.  I can point at several investments that I don't think I would of made if they hadn't been presented on this platform.  Equally, there's probably a few that I've avoided as a result as well. 

I'm also curious about how many on your list have joined.  Those you've included have a broad range of investment philosophies and I think that's part of what makes it a great community.  I want to see if ag11 and slymeat and other Brainchip enthusiasts (almost said cultists but managed to stop myself) get vindicated.  I love the transparency of Noiceone11's investment cases and how Dominator and Greenblatt think about companies.  And of course as another poster has pointed out you have shell out if you want to hear the ongoing ramblings of Bear77!

Strawman
3 years ago

So good to have you with us Bear77 -- wouldn't be the same without you.

I can confirm 90% of that list are premium, but will let them out themselves as they see fit.

When we switch the website over, it'll all become very obvious.

Rick
3 years ago

Yes @Bear, I've joined. I've only been a member since Feb, so I'll give it a shot for 12 months. I picked up UWL & AD8 from Investsmart this year, if I can find a few companies like that on Strawman it will be worth it! My first company I bought was TLS in the float... 24 years and still learning, and still making mistakes!I don't think it will ever stop! :)

Pretty humbled to hear you'd miss me Bear :)

I've signed up for premium. 

AlphaAngle
3 years ago

Yes I have joined up. Easy descision. Hope to add some value to you all over the next 12 months (doubtful!).

Bear77
3 years ago

Sorry to hear that @ag11, however all the best for the future.  I have enjoyed reading your contributions - and your +300% Strawman.com virtual portfolio gain since April last year is simply outstanding and extremely hard to beat.  Well done on your spectacular gains on TSO, IMU, BRN & EXR (+178%, +190%, +780% and +337% respectively!!).  Also, your investments in 4DS (+68%) and ADT (+35%) weren't too shabby either.  I reckon the two things you may be remembered for here the most would be your passion and your depth of research, which have both been of exceptionally high standards.  Thank you for your very significant contribution to this site.  Many people have benefited from it and enjoyed reading your stuff.  I certainly have!  Enjoy those roses!

rmoss
3 years ago

Signed up to premium this morning, shock horror that you eventually have to pay to access value

I only found strawman a couple of months back and wish I had sooner

I'm not totally sure how I will use it to be honest as I don't necessarly have the time and knowledge of some of the contributors but willing to have a crack

Congrats to the team and best of luck with memberships