Forum Topics Premium Launch
Rick
3 years ago

Hi Strawman, have you thought about a family rate for Strawman Premium? I'd love to have all my family join so they can read the posts, but they are probably not as passionate as me and I would have to shout them! :)

Muddled
3 years ago

I'd second that.  Three sons all in their 20s trying to make a start and dipping their toes into the market.  I'd be very interested in that idea as a way of partially disrupting the constant... "hey dad, what do you reckon about this company?"

Strawman
3 years ago

To be honbest I hadnt thought of that, but it's an interesting idea.

We may end up offering either a family membership option or a 'Strawman Lite' version down the track -- but for right now we're just focused on getting things off to a flying start for our Premium members.

Strawman
3 years ago

Ok, looks like everything is working as designed!

We'll keep monitoring things closely to make sure.

A couple of points re the ranking:

• The community itself is what determines what's valuable and what's not. So if someone posts a bunch of stuff people dont like, they wont get many votes and they wont get any benefit (in the worst case scenario, we'd just block anyone who spammed the newsfeed with useless content -- but I doubt we'll ever need to)
  • Voting does indeed provide a benefit, but it is proportionally a lot less than earning votes or ranking well on performance leaderboards. ie. it'll be hard to get a good ranking just by liking on every post you see. 
  • This is just a first iteration. We will definitely look for algorithmically address any weakness in the ranking system (so keep the feedback coming -- it really helps!)
  • I love the idea of giving people the option to donate their credits to a charity. We'll take a closer look at that when we can.

CHill
3 years ago

Good to see a few familiar names come accross to premium. Really excited to see where Andrew & all the posters can take this!

Thought this might be an interesting exercise to compare the different holdings between Strawman Premium & Non Premium. Below are the holdings for each.

Premium PF: ALC, 3DP, EVS, XRF, PPH, IMU, 8CO, IME, ERD, APX, AD8, EML, CAT, BRN, 4DS

Strawman PF: ALC, 3DP, Z1P, KGN, EVS, APX, PPH, APT, VUL, IMU, EML, XRF, BRN, AVA, QPM, CAT

EVS, 8CO, IME, ERD, AD8, 4DS is in the premium PF but is missing from the old strawman index.

Z1P, KGN, APT, VUL, AVA, QPM is in the regular strawman PF but missing from the premium PF.

Honestly quite surprised to see 6 holdings change between the two portfolios. Lets hope that premium will outperform over the long run!

Noddy74
3 years ago

Hey, are we supposed to be seeing the posts of the riffraff and the great unwashed? I thought we couldn't see them and they couldn't see us (for a month).  Or did I misunderstand?

P.S how easy is it to get a superiority complex now my profile picture has a gold ring around it.