Forum Topics Some Useful Resources
Mujo
7 months ago

Following Charlie Munger's passing and what would've been his 100th birthday yesterday (same date as mine as it happens) see his speech on the art of stockpicking for those that haven't read it before - Charlie Munger : Art of Stock Picking (grahamanddoddsville.net)

Well worth the read - funny how he praises Welch at GE and how that ended up but some very good nuggets in there none the less.

Mujo
2 years ago

Noddy74
one year ago

@JPPicard mate, rip snorter of an article from you again this week I’m sitting on a beach in South Sumatra and this was worthy of me delaying a surf. Recommended.

https://goforgrowthco.substack.com/p/rule-of-40

Solvetheriddle
one year ago

@Noddy74 send a picture, the beach not the substack

Noddy74
one year ago

Only cos you asked for it @Solvetheriddle

ignore the bloke taking up half the picture. He’s got a head for radio.

The wave over my left shoulder is called the peak (slow today) and in the far distance you can see Leftovers (good wave but real shallow reef bottom)

6a476dde3b0a7b13cba2007958ade0bf13ee59.jpeg

Solvetheriddle
one year ago

looks great enjoy

JPPicard
one year ago

Legend @Noddy74 ! Loving your support.

It's a small crew of readers at the moment to any kudos goes straight to the heart (never the head hopefully lol). To anyone on Strawman reading, feel free to send through topics / companies you wouldn't mind a write-up on; always happy to take ideas from this powerful crew.

South Sumatra looks beautiful. Very keen to make my way down there in the future. Looks like you're living it up, well done mate!

Noddy74
7 months ago

Here is a really good plane speeken article on how Boards work and their roles and responsibilities.

CFO Secrets (by Secret CFO) is a worthwhile subscribe/follow that some of you may already have cottoned on to in the past year. I've learnt a lot from his deep understanding of topics such as M&A, executive remuneration, working capital optimisation and various business models - and all for the investment of just 10-15 minutes a week.

Mujo
2 years ago

cd298593cbc7a0e6c0e722113eb318991929a8.png

markeewan
2 years ago

Rather than add a resource, I am asking if anyone knows a resource or best software for managing the actual investment process?

At a topline level, the investment process consists of a number of Stagegates:

1. Screen stocks FA/TA Management etc
  2. Create a Watchlist
  3. Invest when a benchmark is met
  4. Track Investment
  5. Exit Investment

For an Investment Funnel it seems like a Project Management tool should work and I have thought of using Trello / Basecamp / Freedcamp to do this, but surely someone has already created something.

Google has lots of info on sales funnels like below, but nothing I can find on Investment funnels, which is basically the same concept.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

@Strawman @TEPCapital

25b3b7f08e745e0bb800ebe435181786cc891b.png

Mujo
2 years ago

@markeewan I think finbox might be worth consideriding - Apple Inc. - AAPL - Stock Price & Analysis | Finbox | finbox.com, i haven't used it heaps but can do most of what you have asked for.