Forum Topics CHL CHL Frazis Capital Partners Disclose Ownership
Rapstar
3 years ago

@Noicewon11,

The shut downs in NSW and Vic will impact bookings in the short term, however, based on previous experience, customer bookings skyrocket immediately at re-opening. It is important to note that most RVs on the platform are based regionally, with a sizable chunk of them on the North Coast of NSW, so demand will be dependant on what happens in these regions in particular.  One attractive aspect of the platofrm is the realtive ease of booking a camping holiday, particularly in the near term while constraints on air travel supply will take time to wash through.  I think  this will be a short term tailwind I think as we enter post lockdown.     

Over time, travel behaviours will normalise,  Thats when things will get interesting and shareholders will need to watch progress carefully.    

Things to watch closely: 

1) RV stock growth vs bookings growth in the four markets Camplify operate in.   Both need to continue growing to improve both sides of the network.  I am trying to develop a metcalfes law valuation over time.  I am monitoring RV stock on teh platform on a monthly basis. If the stock stagnates or falls, that is a big warning sign,  I am also watching website traffic and SEO results.................

2) Seasonality.   We need a few more years of data to understand this.  I assume this may be more pronounced in European markets,

3) New markets - They are looking at new markets - I am not sure why they didn't start with Netherlands as opposed to Spain - The Dutch are the campers of Europe based on my experience. 

Rapstar
3 years ago

Interesting to see renowned stock pickers own Camplfy.....

DISC - HELD.