Forum Topics Mobile data /nbn/foxtel etc
mmff
3 years ago

I opted out of internet & paid TV for mobile data....OK so our Mobile was Telstra Business & our TV was OPTUS Private (Optus wouldn't define us as Business because they had an "American Model" which needed a "Responsible Person" ( many still have/ had the same problem with Paypal etc & with Companies still aligned to USA not AU).

Before we paid, $75pm for our internet, $92.00pm for our TV (hey I love my AFL,so now I have KAYO at $5.00 pm & will look for a cheap deal mid next year)and $$140 for our Mobile plans ...each per month...Welcome to being good customers (aka we just kept paying & not checking anything, incuding the compettition?!?

Now we only pay $80.00 per month for mobiles +$5Kayo (2 x $40.00 Telstra Mobile Business Plans) for 80gbtyts (shared) of data & free ph calls with a lot of cheap/free calls to overseas + KAYO Sports Package

We have shared our experience with our friends & as you can see we are saving($75 +$ 92 +$140 =$307pm-$80pm+$5=$222.00) Almost ALL our friends are now doing the same...only the ones with a a lot of multiple of users and who want Pay TV, this doesn't work for.....I'm sure if you look, you too could get a much cheaper way than where everyone is steering us now.....We have already saved ovr $2000 in less than a year!....Please DYOR, & then please let our community know the outcome, as I think this could help many of us, especiallly the retirees/near retirees who want to travel & have their internet go with them & not stay at their homes when they are gone.

The only other thing that we could think of, for us against this, is when you are away & need security ie cameras etc. We are lucky & have lovely neighbours who are happy to do normal neighbourly checks when we are away, just like we do for them when they are away & we pay them $10.00pm to "host" our security system. camera system, only because these system can "drop out" so we are only saving $212.00pm when we are away, but hey, this goes a long way for paying for our travelling expenses......Please share your stories, would love to hear what you all think, or how ou are doing it,

Cheers,

mmff