Forum Topics Finfest
Strawman
2 years ago

Looking forward to catching up with some Strawpeople at tomorrow's FinFest event in Sydney (click here for details, and remember you can use code "15FINFEST" for a discount.)

I'll be there pretty much all day, and will be loitering around out the front at about 10am.

I have push notifications turned on for the Strawman app (have you done that yet!?) so just DM if you want to connect.

You might be able to get an additional 15% off if you use both 15FINFEST and FINFEST15 but you didn't hear that from me.

By loitering you mean presenting right?

bae8c59794ba8f580366c94f9018a141b48938.png

ecc6a4540e53d3ceb1c748952ed854b7f32b9a.png

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow - This is what I currently look like.

03eb620464dede6378c7f004bbf9b9ee9bd2f2.png

Cheap parking here for anyone driving in - need to book 30 min before booking apparently. https://www.wilsonparking.com.au/parking-locations/new-south-wales/cbd-sydney-north/barangaroo-reserve-car-park/

shadow
2 years ago

I'll be hanging around in the area morning around from 9 am (getting Bourke Street Bakery cravings), if anyone is keen for quick coffee + brekkie prior.

Timocracy
2 years ago

@shadow thank you for reminding me of the Bourke street bakery around the corner (though not on Bourke street if others are looking!)

Looking forward to meeting a few friendly faces

Sorry, I missed the bakery message this morning.

It was nice to meet you all today though!

How did the afterparty go? (For those who went)

Mujo
2 years ago

Sorry didn’t get to meet some of you yesterday, but if anyone is keen for drinks or something else’s in Sydney CBD sometime i would be keen, it would just have to be outside of work hours or one weekend.

Strawman
2 years ago

I never made it to the after-party in the end.. must be getting old.

Really great to see a bunch of Strawpeople and put some faces to the names.

I can't ever see us throwing an event like that -- mechanical bulls, margarita bars and food trucks could just be a touch out of our league -- but we should definitely organise a casual dinner sometime. Will look to line something up closer to Christmas in Sydney (my home base), but certainly keen to facilitate any other meetups around the country.

Remorhaz
2 years ago

Great to meet some of you yesterday. I also skipped the afterparty (must be even older than Andrew... wait I AM...)

Timocracy
2 years ago

@Strawman anybody that made it to the "after party" soon went on to their respective after-after parties. Might have had something to do with the music being so loud that a bunch of people who literally talk for a living weren't able to hear each other face-to-face :'D

Lol @tbra97 I was wondering if that might have been the case...

I think they might have misread the kind of parties this crowd enjoys.

Are any Strawpeople attending Finfest, hosted by Equity Mates, in October in Sydney? I just purchased my ticket and would love to put some faces to Strawman user names.

I bought a ticket a while back. I'm thinking I will be there at this point, though it's now clashing with another event.

JPPicard
2 years ago

Hey @CanadianAussie. I will be there. I'm headed solo as well so keen to meet up too mate.

Timocracy
2 years ago

Hoping to attend, if only to satisfy my curiosity to observe the demographic…

Mujo
2 years ago

I'll probably check it out as well, mainly for networking as well.

Strawman
2 years ago

I'll be there, and keen to catch up with other Strawpeople.

shadow
2 years ago

Going as well!

actionman
2 years ago

@Strawman will you hand out wrist bands to strawpeople so we know who they are? I guess I could have my straw name tag on ????

Strawman
2 years ago

Maybe we'll just organise a time and place? I'll also be sure to check my DMs throughout the day too so we can co-ordinate.

Timocracy
2 years ago

@Strawman no, no. I think these would be extremely appropriate e27198a5696bdef3f3eba6dbada5e031d994cb.png

shadow
2 years ago

@Strawman - perhaps we could start off with a quick Strawman coffee/breakfast, then break out for the conference, and then meet up afterwards for drinks?

Strawman
2 years ago

Great idea @shadow.

I think there's already some drinks as part of the event, but would be keen to grab a coffee beforehand also

I'm with JP. I'm in a pink shirt and jeans if anyone wants to say hi.

Strawman
2 years ago

Was running a bit late (track work..) just near the coffee stand at the front

shadow
2 years ago

I'm the person that has coffee stains everywhere (black hoodie, green pants) due to an unfortunate exploding coffee cup incident