Forum Topics How to request shareholder register
MangroveJack
one year ago

I can't find this raised anywhere so asking here. I read on the ASIC site that as a shareholder I have the right to request the register https://asic.gov.au/for-business/running-a-company/company-shareholders/.

So the question is who do I contact to get this information, investor relations, the secretary, etc, and can it be via email? I want to get this right as I want the information within the 7 days that is stated by ASIC.

Thanks,

---------

If you don't want to search through the ASIC link above here is the relevant info:

"Anyone has a right to request a copy of a company’s share register. A company must provide a copy of the register to you within seven days of you requesting the copy. The maximum fee for supplying a copy of the register is set out in Sch 4 of the Corporations Regulations.

When requesting a copy, you must provide your name, address and the purpose of your request. You cannot obtain a copy of a register for an improper purpose, such as:

• soliciting a donation from a member
  • soliciting a member of a company as a stockbroker or sharebroker
  • gathering information about the personal wealth of a member, or
  • making an unsolicited offer to purchase financial products such as shares or units off-market
  • if the company keeps the register on a computer, the company must provide the copy in the format set out in Part 2C.1 of the Corporations Regulations.

"

MangroveJack
one year ago

So I emailed the company secretary with my request and got the share registry the same day from Automic. I have to say that was a pretty quick process end to end.

Mujo
one year ago

Thanks for sharing @MangroveJack good to know the process.