Forum Topics Melbourne: Meet Up
Strawman
12 months ago

OK Melbournians. The meet-up down south has no chance of topping the effort in Sydney, but here's a form you can use to coordinate things ;)

Click HERE

One of the option is Thursday 17th October. Can you please clarify you meant Tuesday 17th Oct or Thursday 19th Oct?

raymon68
12 months ago

#Valueinvestor0909 Telstra AGM is the Tuesday 17th October. That was the date I selected ( Need to adjust the Melbourne Booking Sheet please)

Strawman
11 months ago

whoops -- apologies for that! I've now changed the date to Tuesday the 17th of October

lyndonator
11 months ago

Do we have any consensus on which day? Are we one for this Friday?

wtsimis
11 months ago

No not on this week , new dates offered on the link strawman sent out

Strawman
11 months ago

Tuesday the 17th of October is the most popular choice, with 8 people confirmed for a Melbourne meet-up.

I'll shoot an email around for those confirmed, and will let @Saasquatch (aka Ryan) take the lead.

GavCo
11 months ago

@Saasquatch is the Melbourne catchup on tomorrow

raymon68
11 months ago

@Saasquatch yes Tuesday.

Saasquatch
11 months ago

Yes!

Lustre Bar from 5:30pm onwards tonight. We have about 10 close enough to confirmed. We have a booking for 12 ppl on the deck and couches reserved.

Address: Level 1/252 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

Time: 5:30pm til people get sick of each other. Could be an all nighter (shrug). Few quite wines, some food banter and stock conversation I'm anticipating.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

If you haven't confirmed but want to come please feel free. The more he merrier.

Strawman
11 months ago

Awesome work @Saasquatch

Be sure to post some pics!

Saasquatch
11 months ago

Thanks everyone for turning up last night to the Melbourne meetup. I think we can say without fail it absolutely blew the socks off the Sydney Meetup. There were; property rants, Bitcoin thesis and even some political opinions on The voice shared. All respectfully and all in a curious manner.

We were all winners on the evening. Thank you so much to Andrew Page for his gracious hosting. It was great to connect with some like-minded people with different backgrounds, biases and stock picks. Safe to say we didn't solve the world's problems but we certainly tried.

Someone asked on the way out why I was wearing a name tag and I was very proud to say that our speed dating was successful and I left a very happy man with some new connections.

fb35d9a013c25605bd189cdcdd111aaecbc21e.jpeg

Strawman
11 months ago

Oh man, I missed a chat on property and Bitcoin!? Gutted! Haha

lyndonator
11 months ago

Thanks again for organising Saasquatch, and thanks Strawman for the drinks. Was a great evening - I enjoyed chatting to you all.

mushroompanda
11 months ago

Great to meet you all in person last night. Nice to put some names to faces and chat about some interesting topics. Thanks @Saasquatch for organising!

raymon68
11 months ago

Was the camera on beauty mode?

Do yah best

Saasquatch
12 months ago

Melbourne Unite

Time we fomo the Sydney meet up and continue the inter-city rivalry, but better (obviously)

I'd love to organise a meet up for Grand final eve 29th September. Good for a sit down and chat without loud music, but music optional.

Rsvp in the thread if you're interested and want to rival the Sydney crew. The only advice I have for those who think Sydney is superior is....

"Those who don't constantly change their mind vastly underestimate the complexity of the world"

Creating a place to connect with like-minded people who think differently to mainstream.

6pm onward: a few CBD options available. Awaiting confirmation:

- Goldilocks club: 5/264 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000

- Top Yard Rooftop: Geddes Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

- Lustre Bar: Level 1/252 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000

If you're interested comment below to co-ordinate.

Strawman
12 months ago

Haha, the gauntlet has been thrown!

Love it @Saasquatch

Happy to help co-ordinate this, and will add details to our weekly email this weekend.

Based in the form I sent around the other day, we also saw a bit of interest from our Brisbane and Newcastle compatriots. If anyone local there want to take the lead, shoot me an email and I'll help spread the word.

BkrDzn
12 months ago

I'd be keen but head down the coast that day. Can I selfishly propose the Thursday instead?

Wini
12 months ago

Happy to organise a Newy catch up.

Strawman
12 months ago

Good man @Wini

My folks are up that way so I'll definitely make the trip to catch up with some Novocastrians

lyndonator
12 months ago

I'm in - just let me know where and when

wtsimis
12 months ago

Would be great to catch up.

mushroompanda
12 months ago

I’m in