Forum Topics Brisbane Strawman Meet-up
Chagsy
11 months ago

The investing world has never been so carefully analysed before!

Lots of fun, food and wine. Some actual discussion of stocks (and bonds), and a big thanks to Andrew for all the Bollinger.

Special thanks to @mikebrisy for getting it off the ground

6e21b392cbbb84eadebadcbb91ae7321fd02e9.jpeg

Strawman
11 months ago

A lot of intellectual heft at that table!

Looks like it was a good night -- wish I could've been there.

mikebrisy
11 months ago

It was excellent. In the discussion, several QLD real estate investment ideas were generated for @Strawman. I can't remember who took responsibility to write them up!

Strawman
11 months ago

haha, let me guess -- something about it "doubling every 7 years" and "they aint making more land" ;)

Figgy
11 months ago

Sunshine Coast > Brisbane

Noosa?

Deepvalue
11 months ago

Keen for a meet up in Noosa if anyone is up here.

Strawman
12 months ago

@mikebrisy is taking the lead with this one.

Fire away with some suggested dates/venues, and register your interest here

(Also, we've not yet heard from anyone in other states and capitals, so please don't think that the lack of other events is the usual east coast bias! If you want to run point on an Adelaide, Perth, Darwin meet-up, please let us know!)

JohnnyM
12 months ago

Guessing we don't have too many members in Singapore? If there are any I'm happy to meet for a beer!

CanadianAussie
11 months ago

@mikebrisy did the Brisbane meetup happen?

mikebrisy
11 months ago

@CanadianAussie we are planning on the 20th October, as that seemed to be the best fit - although we couldn't get a date that suited everyone. I received about 9 confirmations for that date, so am now checking out options that meet the feedback I was given. I'll be writing out to group on the email list during the next week to confirm details. Would you like to join the group, as I didn't see you email on the list @Strawman sent me? (I still have your email from the events your initiated a couple of years back, so I can add you to this list if you are interested in joining us).

CanadianAussie
11 months ago

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, Friday nights don't work for me but hopefully I can make the next one.