Forum Topics 3DP 3DP Pointerra Ltd General Discussion
Tom73
2 months ago

Reinstatement to Quotation (following below announcement)

Pointerra awarded contract from U.S. energy utility customer:

• U.S. energy utility customer awards Pointerra a US$1.9 million (A$2.9 million) contract
  • Pointerra3D, the Company’s AI driven analytics platform will be used to extract info

Well that wasn't so hard was it Pointerra...!

Nnyck777
2 months ago

All that fuss for $2.9 million. Let’s hope it is actually collected. But agreed - $$ values and time frames a must in all future 3DP comms. I suspect market will be underwhelmed. Or maybe just me.

Scott
2 months ago

Looking at this with 'rose coloured glasses'. The theme has been that the US utilities are big lumbering giants. With that in mind I could imagine that the time from being told you've won to signed-off agreement from the company could be a week or so.

Also the cash is for FPL to develop business cases. Perhaps that too is a sign that the investment cycle is kicking off. This is what Ian has been saying.

As I say, this is an optimistic, but plausible, view.

Strawman
2 months ago

It's a start, although would've liked a bit more detail.

I think the market will need to see a few more of these in reasonably short order to rebuild the faith. Taking management at face value, that is certainly plausible as you say @Scott

Still too early for me to have regained any conviction.

AUROPAL
2 months ago

Market seems to like it but I am also underwhelmed by the lack of detail.

Also management clearly jumping the gun on the announcement.

At my work we recently won a big contract with a state government and it took 5 months to go from nomination as preferred bidder to having a fully signed contract and then another 2 weeks to agree on the wording of the official announcement and press release.

Strawman
8 months ago

hmmm.. no hint of what this could be. This was issued from the ASX compliance team (see here)

A takeover? A significant contract win?

Most likely, another capital raise... we'll see

419f6f625e6344e87129f19f41266abe4d3997.png

topowl
8 months ago

CR

AbelianGrape
8 months ago

Nnyck777
8 months ago

Sigh clearly needed due to the delay in receipts and mismatch to whatever their ACV (a number no one seems to be able to get their head around). Not unexpected. Still no contract details surrounding last big announcement - so how much is it per pole Ian?

I am very wary of pie in the sky maybe future figures announcements. I learnt my lesson with Phoslock. Millions and millions in the supposed ‘pipeline’.

DrPete
8 months ago

A cap raise will fit the formula: Step 1, exciting announcement about new deal to pump share price; Step 2, ask for more money.

I would like to understand their model of "Self-funding growth"

e72d75e10793359a0a11fde5b07c467afd6dce.png

mikebrisy
8 months ago

@Valueinvestor0909 Obviously, it means you have to rely on yourself to ask investors to help fund your growth.

Wakem
10 months ago

Nice technology validation from “Seam spatial” a spin off of “seam survey” very large mining contractor.

only really mentions user experience of platform without the added extras …

https://seamspatial.com.au/project/technology-pointerra/

almost describes yhe benefits better than pointerra

Wakem
10 months ago

Nice technology validation from “Seam spatial” a spin off of “seam survey” very large mining contractor.

only really mentions user experience of platform without the added extras …

https://seamspatial.com.au/project/technology-pointerra/

almost describes yhe benefits better than pointerra