Forum Topics BRN BRN BrainChip Holdings Ltd General Discussion
laoshi
12 months ago

@zerocool without a doubt the AI chip space is getting crowded but these are not in Brainchip's niche. Brainchip are in the edge device low power, sensors and the like, learning on device rather than in the cloud. The Microsoft chip is for large language models and huge amounts of data.

Brainchip still has the lead/ patents in the Spiking neural network (SNN) area. Just a question of adoption.

Held in SM and RL

zerocool
12 months ago

Ah yes, re-reading that article and you are right.I imagine each chip type is completely purpose built, that is, a datacenter-bound processor couldn't easily be scaled down for an edge use case? Thanks for the clarification.

Quiltman
2 years ago

I get where you are coming from @slymeat , but I guess Brainchip is one of those companies that fragments opinions in the investing community.

I certainly understand a defensive portfolio wanting to see Brainchip IP commercially deployed in successful products before investing, that is the nature of the beast and I respect that.

However, if you are looking for high growth, and are willing to do in-depth research, then I also believe it is hard to find a better opportunity than Brainchip on the ASX. Edge Computing facilitated by Intelligent sensors is the (very near ) future, and I would argue revolutionary in many fields of human endeavour. BrainChip have developed, and are now deploying, SNN architecture with a unique set of benefits ( low wattage, learning on the chip, speed, low cost ) that will be front and centre of this global transformation, in my humble opinion.

So keep contributing, many supporters on here / and detractors / all makes for interesting reading !

Duffshot38
2 years ago

Yeah dont take it to heart @slymeat - I come here to see the very different views on different stocks and investing styles. You are clearly a very different investor to @Learner and you guys are never going to see eye to eye on a stock or even an investing philosophy. But thats what we want to see! I want to see posts like yours and @Learner so I can get the full range of views. That's really what a strawman is.

umop3pisdn
2 years ago

Just noticed a $2.23M dollar purchase at market close.

Appears to be a cross trade but I'm unsure what the code S2 stands for?

umop3pisdn
2 years ago

Perhaps the number indicates the size?

Strawman
2 years ago

Not sure @Seeker68 but the ASX thought it was odd too and issued a speeding ticket to Brainchip.

To which the reply was:

ac9531f7be69d32e9363f5cbabfb0d7ce7ed0c.png

lol reading that announcement.