Forum Topics CG1 CG1 Thesis breaking

Sorry Bear, the spelling mistake was mine not yours. Strawman won't let me cut and paste so I had to type it up myself.

Unfortunately, I don't know what stock you were referring to with the post.

Thanks again.

I've decided to sell my entire position in CG1 today after the company's update to it's previous quarterly report. In the original quarterly in March they reported 5.7 quarters of funding available. The update is now 1 quarter of funding available. My understanding is they produced excess stock/inventory just-in-case as well as had some delayed receipts. I don't feel this is a good use of working capital. It's also the 2nd time they've had a stuff up now.

I've decided to take the advice of sell while your thesis is breaking and not when it's broken. As well as some great advice Bear has left on these boards (I hope he doesn't mind me repeating):

"the reason I sold was because I completely lost faith in the honesty and competency of management. That's my trigger - management... I usually lose far more when I ignore my rules and make exceptions... you have to cut your losses early, even when they're big loses, once you realise your investment thesis is busted."

It's advice like this from experienced investors that make a big difference to newbies such as myself. Thanks Bear.

CG1 may well go on to be the 10 bagger Harley predicted with his write-up in Livewire but considering Harley himself just sold 500,000 shares I've decided to move on.

Best of luck to everyone holding.

Bear77
4 years ago

Good to hear some of my musings are helping you CA. I don't mind you repeating stuff I write, but remind me, what company was I talking about when I wrote that? And sorry about the spelling. I would have meant losses, not loses. Management integrity and competence is far more important with smaller companies and particularly those with a single focus and very little diversification of revenue. It doesn't take much to derail companies like that, and poor capital allocation decisions are probably the most common way to send companies off the tracks. Consistently poor forecasting and/or not meeting their own guidance (in terms of revenue/earnings) is another big red flag. Beware companies who make a habit of overpromising and underdelivering. The best ones do the opposite - underpromise and overdeliver. I don't follow CG1, but I can't argue with your logic and process as outlined in your post above.