Forum Topics Selfwealth - Ramping
Rapstar
4 years ago

I am noticing some small cap FMs ramping the stock.   Be careful not to get carried away here.  

These guys are already in and are trying to draw retail investors to follow suit.  One ramper is forecasting free cashflow of $1m next quarter.....Which seems ridiculous to me (he is the professional though, and may prove me wrong). 

We will find out on June 6, when SWF reports.  

DISC - I hold. 

Rapstar
4 years ago

Some fundies trying to ramp their holdings before the EOFY. One in particular is down big time for the FY, and brought in on SWF around 22c. 20% performance fees up for grabs. NO PERFORMANCE FEES TO WORRY ABOUT HERE......

AUROPAL
4 years ago

Yep, have seen a lot of ramping of this stock by fundies on Twitter. The timing is very suspicious!

I am not sure what the best way to describe this behavior by fund managers is. When I see it though I often wonder what their clients think, the ones that pay them the performance fees, or whether they are even aware of it. Should they be puzzled that fund managers who describe themselves taking a long term fundamental approach, spend plenty of time on the distractions of highlighting short term momentum factors at play?

ArrowTrades
4 years ago

Cash flow is difficult to predict, as it's hard to know if any additional spending has occurred, plus the revenue from cash from interest is at best a guess. Trade numbers and user growth is are a lot more predictable. It is hard to predict and I am always conservative so focus on the bottom of my range. But ~1 mil is not that ridiculous. The general consensus doesn't seem to think that number is possible so if they are even close to that, I would expect a positive reaction.