Forum Topics Next Strawman Update Suggestions
MeganM
3 weeks ago

I would love if it was possible to leave comments on a straw. Often when a straw is left I would love to be abke to read people's thoughts on what has occurred

Stuey727
3 weeks ago

Agreed!

Noddy74
3 weeks ago

I'd love visibility of what the enhancement pipeline looks like I.e. Here's the list of ideas and here's how they're categorised.  Call the categories what you want but something like - ''in beta', 'in development', 'in review', 'parked', 'deprioritised'. As well as being interesting (not a great reason in itself) it would help us understand what the strawman brains trust were thinking about the medium/longer term direction of the site.

And/or the ability to be able to vote on enhancements - perhaps with a survey. I get we can vote on individual posts but there's two problems with that. One is that all but one (usually) of us has been habituated to think of down voting akin to bullying, But more importantly it's easy to vote up an idea when presented in isolation but what about when the implementation of one idea means the deprioritising of another -I think that a survey would put a bit more pressure on us to commit on what we really want.  

Having said that I'm very conscious that which is free tends to be overused and under appreciated so do what you will as I think what we have is already a great resource.

Stuey727
3 weeks ago

Images would useful, and also a way to count replies when reading the forums - ie., a forum may say 1 reply, but actually have 10. Also, do people know how to use the reply section particularly well? I'm never sure of this. (might need to be clearer)

Bear77
3 weeks ago

You're right Stuey - many community members are simply adding a new post to reply to a particular post within a thread and then their reply goes to the top of the thread.  The position of the "Reply" button in threads is also somewhat missleading IMHO.  And the fact that there is only a reply option for first level posts, and no reply option for replies to that post.  Obviously if there is a conversation you want to add to or reply to, you can move back up the thread until you find the last reply button and then click on it, and then your reply gets added to the BOTTOM of that thread.  It would therefore be more accurate to have the reply button on the LAST item in the thread, as directly below that is exactly where your reply is going to appear.  @Doktorspleen pointed this out 2 weeks ago - just scroll down and you'll find the post - it starts with "Small UX based comment. Can the Reply button..."

I also agree 100% with your images suggestion.  Being able to add pictures and attach files to forum posts would be great.  Basically, just give us the same functionality and features that Straws have.  Then do the same for Valuations! 

That said, considering this is a free site, we're getting a hell of a lot more than we're paying for already aren't we!  Andrew and his team are certainly doing a phenomenal job, and responding to feedback remarkably politely all things considered...

Scherobi
3 weeks ago

did I get it right ?

Stuey727
3 weeks ago

Indeed we are! Yeah - I'm here because the analysis just tends to be better than other places I've seen - I haven't seen many pump and dumpers here. Oh, Andrew is part of it, huh, nice, was wondering that. Actually, something else that would be useful is similar to what hot copper has where announcements are automatically placed under the company - it's useful.  

Bear77
3 weeks ago

I agree that it would be useful to have announcements automatically posted in company forums Stuey, however the cost of having that feature is HUGE.  If you and I and everybody else were contributing to the costs of this site then I think those suggestions might make more sense, but at this point, it's not going to happen.  All of the data providers charge on a sliding scale, including the ASX itself, so for instance you can download EOD (end of day) prices for a healthy fee, but if you want live intraday pricing the cost increase is simply astronomical.  Same with access to the ASX's announcement platform, equals more fees.  I think that considering this site is free and does NOT have companies advertising on it, so does not generate any income for those running it, we have to be realistic about what we wish for.

umop3pisdn
3 weeks ago

Along a similar vein as previous posts regarding the filter options: a sort by 'top voted" along with a specified day/week/month/all time might be a nice addition?

Stuey727
3 weeks ago

I'd love to be able to contact individual members... so much information to be found!