Forum Topics Next Strawman Update Suggestions
Strawman
a month ago

We now have a search function for Meetings!

No more scrolling through the rather vast library we're building up.

mikebrisy
a month ago

@Strawman - that's great! There is so much value in viewing the old meetings.

One of my key diagnostics is listening to how the content and tone of how the CEO talks about the business evolves over time. So going back over old recordings is really valuable. This makes the platform even more user-friendly! Thanks.

Great...one of the pain point...glad someone knows where to allocate resources.

Strawman
a month ago

oh, I forgot to mention that if a company has any associated meetings, you'll find a link to them on the associated company page:

14da394c243636f525030a853ff326d3771d79.png

CGTaylor
6 months ago

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I’d really appreciate it if links to any related meeting recording(s) could be added to company pages.

Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be able to manage to keep up with all these great meetings as they happen, so would find a lot of value in being able to view at a glance and access the recording(s) from a given company’s page when I’m looking into that company.

rh8178
6 months ago

I agree - would be great to be able to go straight to the company you’re looking for when researching.

Saasquatch
6 months ago

It's handy to contrast historical meetings with renewed ones or new information/reports so being able to compare against a timeline could be user friendly :)

CGTaylor
6 months ago

Just noticed that @BoredSaint suggested this a while ago. Great idea!

Strawman
6 months ago

Yeah we've got to get to work polishing things up and adding new features! But this one seems like a no-brainer.

The devs are on other (non-strawman projects) at the moment, but I'll look to make this a priority.

UlladullaDave
7 months ago

I have one. Is there anyway that you might be able to get transcripts of the interviews? I really appreciate the interview aspect of SM, and the work @Strawman puts into making them engaging. Sometimes I want to head back to something I heard but have to drill through the video and then manually write down whatever quote I wanted to capture. A transcription of the interview would be great.

Strawman
7 months ago

Actually, Vimeo actually does this already!

I'll see how we can automate this for the site, but in the meantime just email me for whatever transcript you want and I'll send it over.

thunderhead
7 months ago

Thinking out loud about a couple more features that will be great to have (and hopefully easy to deliver!) -

a.) Filtering notifications, just like we can filter our activity feed currently, by most of the same kinds of criteria.

b.) "Pinning" forum topics, so they can be accessed on top in the first page of the forum list. This can either be automated (driven by some measure of how "popular" a thread is), admin/moderator-led (pin topics that fit the bill), or member-led (each member can pin topics that they most want to on their profiles).