Forum Topics Investing in foreign listed companies

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This is exactly what I was looking for and Bear77 has some good writeups.

"If the Redomiciliation is implemented, Avita US Shares will be quoted on NASDAQ and Avita US CDIs will be quoted on the ASX. Avita US Shares and Avita US CDIs will be transmutable, so that Avita US shareholders can convert their Avita US Shares (on NASDAQ) into Avita US."

The bolded is what I was most concerned about.

Does anyone understand or have experience investing in companies that have their primary listing overseas (for example NZX) but plan on moving their primary listing to the ASX?

For example, if I owned shares in company XYZ listed on the NZX and they later moved their primary listing to the ASX making them "foreign exempt" on the NZX how would this affect my shares in company XYZ on the NZX? Would my shares get transferred over to the ASX through a CHESS Depository Interest (CDI)? Or would my shares stay on the NZX and only be tradeable there?

Also, are there any concerns I should be aware of as an Australian buy shares on the NZX?

Thanks

Has anyone owned shares in an ASX listed company and had that company list overseas? I'm curious as to what would happen to the ASX shares if the company's primary listing was moved to another exchange. Would your ASX shares get moved to that exchange as well?