Forum Topics ID8 ID8 Identitii Limited ID8 - What is it?
pubenvelope
4 years ago

Hi all.

I stumbled across this company in the latest Strawman email and was curious to learn more.  
Identitii Limited (ID8) is an Australian financial technology (FinTech) company, based in Sydney. The Company uses blockchain and tokenisation to connect banks and businesses with the data they need to process, reconcile and report on payments to reduce last mile payment hold ups. - Business Summary from Westpac Onlne Trading platform.

Of course, I had next to no idea what this actually meant, so down the rabbit hole I went. Blockchain and tokenisation?? What?
From my research, to try and sum these up, it's a form of making illiquid assets liquid.  It gives real tradeable assets a digital token, being able to easily buy or sell positions in them (for example, property).  Furthermore, data is included on these tokens to give a history of previous ownership and the holders legal rights and responsibilities, to give transparency to each transaction.  

I really like the sound of this, but have never heard of it.  This is because (I think) it's a relatively new concept , and is something that is not yet widely practiced or regulated. This gives me Bitcoin vibes, and leads me to question that if tokenisation never really takes off, will Identitii last?
 I'm also hoping someone can share more information on this company, as I don't exactly understand what last mile payment hold ups actually are and therefore why do places such as banks need this?  Of course, anything stated here that isn't right please do correct me!

The tokenization of assets is disrupting the financial industry (deloitte.com) - article I read to better understand the concepts of what ID8 does.

Thanks for your time Strawmen and women :)