Forum Topics How many Strawman subscribers?
Rick
3 years ago

Congratulations! That's a great achievement!

Strawman
3 years ago

That's about the best compliment we could hear INTJ -- it's exactly the problem we're trying to fix!

The idea is that Strawman in moderated by the community itself. People tend to down-vote any content that is seen as unhelpful, and with public track-records contributors tend to be far more circumspect with their posts.

It seems to be working really well, and we've managed to build a really great community. 

Onward and upward!

It's incredible what Strawman has achieved with a lack of moderators. Someone asked me recently why I thought Strawman avoided the constant pump and dumps seen in other forums. I think there are a couple reasons.

Andrew has been a great ambassador & role model. He's built a strong track record and community and he practices what he preaches. His advice is repeated over and over again in the numerous podcast episodes he appears in. These include writing out our theses, why we'd sell, trying to work out a valuation, seeking opposing viewpoints etc. all of which are strengthening our investment process. The culture is one where members take a sense of pride in their contributions and track record and they appreciate the value the platform adds to their investing journey. As a result anyone lacking integrity is quickly weeded out.

If you're skeptical about the importance of culture in the companies you're invested, look no further than Strawman to see the value it adds.

Strawman has been an invaluable resource in my investing journey and I wouldn't be where I'm at today without it.

Rick
3 years ago

Strawman, is there somewhere on the site we can find the total number of Strawman subscribers? The community is really growing! :)

Strawman
3 years ago

Hi @Rick -- not unless you just add them all up..

But I can confirm we are now at ~17,000 :)