Forum Topics SP3 SP3 Valuation
Wini
3 years ago

Hey Reece,

Just wanted to reach out and say your report on SP3 is great, in particular you think about valuation in the micro cap space exactly like I do; conservative assumptions on what could this business look like in a few years and what is the upside vs downside to that level. To often I think people overcomplicate valuation in the micro caps, the businesses are too small and volatile to model out traditionally.

I don't own SP3 but must admit the quarterly caught my eye and I spoke with the MD last night and came away impressed with his vision for the company over the next couple of years. I think holders will do well and I may become one at some point! 

B5350H
3 years ago

I agree the report on SP3 by @Noicewon11 is very good. 

I looked up the company here on Strawman after i noticed we will be interviewing the MD Friday - have read the report a couple times now! - and I'm now even more interested in the meeting Friday. 

I would add a comment in regards to current SPP and potential need for a capital raise (I guess the best time for a capital raise is PRIOR to actaully needing it - so current shareholders get the best value) - given the MDs currently to made himself available for speaking spots in quick succesion (I only have two references but I haven't looked for others, Smallcapsasx and Strawman)... would you not view this as a great way for him to build up exposure to the business in the hopes that the SP rises - as more institutional investors see the business...?

1. Doing these sales type engagements would put some of those higher priced options "in the money"
  2. Increased SP is increased value for current shareholders - Which he said in the video link below that he was currenlty number 11 on the shareholder list (Also notable is that he purchased all his shares On-Market Or through the Raises they have done) this goes a long way, for me, to prove his belief in the business. He also noted the entire board are invested also. 
  3. and subsequentially an increased SP will reduce Shareholder dilution when it is time to tap the market for another capital raise - which would most likely occur as soon as the SP is stabilsied at the attractive price that works for all shareholders.

I reference his recent interview on Small Caps ASX - credit goes to @Wini and his twitter feed which is where I came across the link

smallcaps.com.au/spectur

His answers to the question - give threes reasons why investors should invest in SP3 (short form)

1. Very Large adressable market
  2. Alomst no direct competitors at all (this comment is explained earlier in the 2min session)
  3. "Tremendously Undervalued right now" (referencing the MC $9m, $3.2m in Recureing Revenues & and mulitple avenues to have success

This is an interesting business - I think it would be a positive sign if a capital raise was to occur in the near future...

Happy to be corrected!

I've added a buy order to Strawman as a way to follow along