Forum Topics Strawman votes
Bear77
3 years ago

Just a quickie - I know I do give a lot of upvotes here, because I like the content and/or because I respect the time and effort that the community member has put into their straw, valuation or post.  However there are some companies that just don't interest me, like BNPL companies, most fintechs, betting and gambling companies, coal miners, lithium miners, higher-cost iron ore miners, most early-stage minerals exploration companies and project developers, most biotechs (particularly the early stage ones and those still going through trials who have not yet got approvals to allow for any income generation), companies I think are priced rediculously highly, companies where I do not trust their management for one reason or another, etc.  Most of the time, I won't even read those posts or valuations, so I won't vote on them either.  I used to try to read everything here, but with the amount of content we have now, I'm finding I just don't have the time to read it all, or to contribute as much as I used to either, so if I haven't given you an upvote for something, or you haven't received many upvotes, it may not be due to the quality or accuracy of your content, it could well just be that myself or others aren't interested in that particular company.  It's not personal.  However I also do NOT downvote that content - I just skip over it.

Vandelay
3 years ago

Yawn. Who would have thought votes on the internet would cause so much drama. 

Strawman
3 years ago

We're looking at a really elegant solution for this, which is based on Google's PageRank algorithm.

In essence, it will allow users to vote in any way they like, but the impact of votes will determined by the 'quality' of the user.