Forum Topics Hyper Inflation? Stock Market Collapse?
Chagsy
3 years ago

Stanley Druckenmiller on how to position your portfolio for the coming rise in inflation and the US losing reserve currency status, among other stuff.

https://vimeo.com/548917378

I would also recommend reading

the death of money

Rapstar
3 years ago

I AM CALLING THE BOTTOM FOR GROWTH COMPANIES.

My US holdings, which are all software / hyper growth businesses, have all hit relatively consistent lows over the past 3-4 months. They all seem to be hitting s consistent low point, before recovering - They have done it about 3-4 times now, and did it again on Thursday.  

I am going to stick my neck out and call the bottom for growth companies was last Thursday. My portfolio was up 7% overnight, which indicates to me there is strong support at Thursdays lows.  Insane volatility.   

Assuming there is no black swan,  I reckon the price points below represent the bottom:

CRWD bottom: $175-$180

SNOW bottom: $185-190

UPST bottom: $80-85

DDOG bottom: $73-78

Lets see if the market will make a fool out of me, or make me look like a genius -Most likely the former. 

But hang in there investors - remember you are playing an infinite game.     

Bear77
3 years ago

I hope you're right @Rapstar, I recently bought SNOW for my daughter (my nickname for her has always been "Snowflake") after setting up a US trading account using Pershing via Commsec, and I paid around $230/share, which looked good at the time.  I haven't been too worried about the recent falls (to $185) because your investment thesis (in your newsletter) was very compelling and I'm convinced they're going to be huge in the future.  I am used to volatility, so it doesn't phase me much, as long as I am confident in the investment thesis and I think I understand the reason for the volatility, and in this case it's clearly inflation concerns feeding into tech stock valuations being revisited - as Andrew has pointed out in his email to Strawman.com members this morning.  I also watched the latest Planet America last night in which they interviewed a lady in the US who explained that the spike in inflation was expected (reopening, vaccine roll-out) and should settle down almost immediately, and that anyone extrapolating that sort of rise in inflation into the future in a straight line is not on the right track at all.  As usual, overreactions, as we've come to expect.  I think you're on the money with your prediction Sean, or very close to it.

Chagsy
3 years ago

I should also have added they there are products such as ILB which provide inflation liked bonds (which I own and have done well in recent months) and hard assets. 

hard assets include things such as land, top quality collectibles And real estate. 

DISC: I have a few residential investment properties, no land and some truly awful art purchased whilst under the influence of a cocktail of neurostimulants.