Forum Topics Bold market forecasts
Vandelay
3 years ago

Stumbled across this Vanguard USA 10-year asset class return outlook. I was suprised to see their model forecasting "Global Equities ex-US (unhedged)" to outperform over the next decade. This is after they have underperformed for the last 10-years +. I recall Andrew talking on a podcast saying he wouldnt be suprised if we have some years of lower equity growth (correct me if i am wrong Strawman). 

Anyone brave enough to share any bold predictions of their own for equities? Would love to hear if you do and your reasoning for the prediction.

Asset class return outlooks

Our 10-year, annualized, nominal return projections, as of March 31, 2021, are shown below. Please note that the figures are based on a 1.0-point range around the rounded 50th percentile of the distribution of return outcomes for equities and a 0.5-point range around the rounded 50th percentile for fixed income.

Our outlooks for equity returns are broadly lower while our outlooks for bond returns are broadly higher compared with our outlooks based on our previous running of the VCMM, on December 31, 2020.

Equities Return projection

U.S. equities2.6%–4.6%

U.S. value3.4%–5.4%

U.S. growth–0.5%–1.5%

U.S. large-cap2.4%–4.4%

U.S. small-cap2.4%–4.4%

U.S. real estate investment trusts2.4%–4.4%

Global equities ex-U.S. (unhedged) 5.5%–7.5%