Forum Topics Podcast of the week
Seymourbutts
3 years ago

Scott Phillips has just started a new Podcast called 'The Good Oil'. 

I'm yet to listen to it, but knowing the quality of media (and podcasts) he produces I'm sure it'll be valuable to those interested. 

Let me know what you think if you have had a listen.

shadow
3 years ago

The Money Cafe is my go-to. This is more Aussie personal finance base but they do talk about the stock market too, with fund managers and financial advisers as special guests. Previously it was one podcast hosted by Alan Kohler (The Eureka Report) and James Kirby (The Australian) but it has since split to two separate podcasts:

• The Money Cafe with Alan Kohler
  • The Australian's Money Cafe 

shadow
3 years ago

@MattBricks - refer to AFR's column on this. AFR Column

Quote: "Turns out that when the newspaper decided to discontinue the co-production, it wasn’t obvious which title owned the Money Cafe title, so both publications have, amicably, kept on using it."

Duffshot38
3 years ago

A great Podcast which I find really interesting in helping to understand different businesses and what makes them standout is the Business Breakdowns podcast.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-breakdowns/id1559120677

It is US based but they do a very good job of breaking down businesses like Visa, Costco, Moderna, Facebook etc etc.  I find it helps me think about how particular businesses work and standout.  

As an example they have done both Invisalign and Smile Direct Club which are 2 very similar products (alternatives to wire braces for teeth) being marketed and sold in very different ways and is a great comparison.  One is focussed on reducing costs for orthodontists / dentists,  the other in cutting them out of the process altogether. 

Ziggy
3 years ago

Claude Walker on Equity Mates (18/8/21) was very interesting, talking about how to analyse management