Forum Topics ID8 ID8 ID8 on The Call
Wini
3 years ago

Hey reddogaustin, your last line is spot on: "Probably a good example of how the research required to part-own or “invest” in a company is an ongoing commitment."

We get the list for The Call the afternoon the day before so you get maybe 30 mins to research each stock assuming you don't know them well. I'd never looked at ID8, I didn't see any reference to the blockchain in my brief research but rolled with it when Kochie mentioned it.

I definitely try and mention if I haven't looked at a company closesly before though, I like people to know I am only speaking from a very brief look.

Hopefully you enjoyed the rest of the conversation though!

reddogaustin
3 years ago

Hi @Wini,

I get it. I understand what Ausbiz is trying to achieve and the mutliple layers to the situation and given the context, I would have rolled with it also, as you don't want to upset or confuse Kochie...

I only mentioned the correction here, as I was deep diving on ID8 recently and wanted to clarify it for us Strawpeople insiders :-)

Thanks for reaching out though, and I did enjoy the rest of the show - your new face as an addition to the list of usual suspects is a nice change.

reddogaustin
3 years ago

@Wini.

Just found this little gem via HC and youtube.

I think I am wrong! This space is changing for ID8.

The video talks to a patent lodged by ID8 in August 2021, that uses XRP (Ripple coin) as part of a funds transfer layer. i.e. ID8 will use DLT or "crypto" in its future product or update to the existing product.

This CEO is either the best or the worst poker player!