Forum Topics DTS DTS Fate of DTS shares
umop3pisdn
3 years ago

The ticker code for Dragontail Systems Limited no longer exists on the ASX.

Has anyone been paid out the value of their shares?

Will owners on Strawman be paid out soon?

Bear77
3 years ago

Sure Upsidedown, see here:  https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210908006173/en/Yum!-Brands-Completes-Acquisition-of-Dragontail-Systems-an-Innovator-in-Kitchen-Order-Management-and-Delivery-Technology

Andrew holds this company himself in his own Strawman.com portfolio, but I have flicked him a quick email to make the necessary adjustments.  The data provider that this site uses does not provide sufficient data to enable the site to automatically deal with M&A stuff like this, and as DTS is no longer an ASX-listed company, all data regarding them has ceased, so S&P no longer provide ANY data on DTS to SM.  Based on my prior experience with similar M&A, Andrew is going to need to manually do sell transactions for everybody who held DTS shares on their last trading day - which was probably Friday 10th September 2021 - @ $0.235/share, being the takeover price.  As I type this, I've just got a reply from Andrew saying he's just done this.  So - hopefully all fixed now and your cash balance has increased by the amount of DTS shares that you held times $0.235.

Strawman
3 years ago

DTS was formerly delisted on the 8th September after the acquisition from YUM! brands was completed.

Shareholders will receive 23.5c per share in cash. We've closed all positions on Strawman at that price, and the cash is now available for trading.

As a now former shareholder, i almost wish the takeover didnt go through (even though it gave a good return). I thought the business had a lot of upside potential..