Forum Topics What are you listening to right now?
Noddy74
3 years ago

I'm keen to get some ideas as to what I might try listening to while working or doing some investment research.  When I'm out walking the dog or sometimes in the car I typically listen to podcasts, including investment podcasts, as I can focus on what they're saying.  But when I'm sitting at the computer I typically need all the bandwidth I can muster and so it's generally music for me.  However, some of usual go-tos are getting a bit stale.  The usual suspects include:

Nirvana

The Beatles/The Doors

The Waifs

Acoustic Rock

Jeff Buckley

Paul Kelly

Bluegrass

Irish Pub music

Bluegrass rock covers (you can't tell me any song can't be made better with the addition of a banjo)

Chilli Peppers

Jonny Cash

Violent Femmes

Kim Churchill (and surf vibes generally)

Aretha Franklin

Smashing Pumpkins

The Lucksmiths

Dana Lyons

What floats your boat?  Any ideas I can add to the mixed tape?

Slomo
3 years ago

The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Pixies

TISM

Dandy Warhols

barney
3 years ago

Triple J 

Bear77
3 years ago

Yeah - my car radio is always on Triple J, but I often play mixed tapes (CDs) including bands and artists like the Hilltop Hoods, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Florence and the Machine, U2, London Grammar, Pnau, Spiderbait, Dido, Simple Minds, Pink Floyd, and when I'm taking the mother-in-law for her Saturday afternoon drives, it's usually Vera Lynn and Harry Secombe.  About the only thing I draw the line at is country music and death metal.  But folk, roots, blues, classical, world music, they're all OK.  Diverse tastes.