Forum Topics Good reasons to ignore valuation by Brian Feroldi
UncleWally
3 years ago

These kind of discussions always remind me of the Coffee Can Portfolio stories.

I've said it before, I'm not one to agonize over valuation because I don't have the skills or the time to value a company and there are plenty of other far cleverer people than I who generously share their expertise on valuation but being patient and having a long term view are things I can do. To Feroldi's point, investing in the story and being patient is more my style.

Being ignorant of company financials is not my worst investing attribute, there are others but that's a different discussion!

UncleWally
3 years ago

Thanks @Slymeat, I must admit while I was watching that video I was wondering about XRO, PME & WTC and how I wish I had a $1 for every time I heard someone say they were all too expensive over the past 5 -7 years.

Now I don't know if any of them will ever become a monster stock and I certainly don't take anything for granted but if you truely are a long term investor you have to think they are off to a good start.

Disc: Held in RL,  XRO for +7 years, PME for +6 years and WTC for +5 years.

I sometimes wonder how they will be travelling in another 10 years, I hope to find out!

UncleWally
3 years ago

Here's an interesting video I found on the MicroCapClub website by Brian Feroldi at their recent Leadership Summit.

https://microcapclub.com/2021/10/good-reasons-to-ignore-valuation-by-brian-feroldi/

Bondie
3 years ago

Thanks UnlceWally i really enjoyed the video

Given i mainly invest these days in an emerging tech, game changing idea or EV resource i will no doubt be watching this again and taking more away from it each time. 

IRL my biggest wins have been APT & RNU and although ive sold out of APT my largest existing holdings are now CRO, WBT, AVZ, AGY, RNU, IBX and DRO (I try not to talk about DRO too much) 

I've found a lot of value in the content, TY

UncleWally
3 years ago

Here's anothe Brian Feroldi video for those that enjoyed the last one.

This time along with his partner Brian Stoffel he discusses their Top 10 Mega trends.

Keep in mind it is US focused but you would have to think the same trends apply here in Australia too.

You can fast forward to the end to find the largest opportunities. (in their opinion)