Forum Topics Stocks and Stockbrokers
mmff
3 years ago

Hi @Rocket6

I think your comment deserved a forum topic.

I first brought DDR back on 2/9/13 for $0.91 and was happily surpised when my 1/4ly dividends started coming in. I was relatively new to investing, so I didn't realise what 'a find" it was ( & still is!).I have bought and sold them over the years, but haven't been without them since.Absolutely one of my best stocks, thankfully I didn't listen to the brokers...

This stock was also the main stock that stopped me using accountants (as we could back then) or brokers/Advisers for stock picking and/or selling..I think I had to listen to them warning me to sell out for about 5 years...I think I was up well over 300% by then & still it wasn't a worthy stock.

As per the forums on SM about "The Call", If they don't know about ia stock then that's what they should say.... Another such stock I wish I still had is ARB ( Stupidly I thought would go down with COVID & so I sold out ~BUMMER). Both of these stocks my financial advisers were against and kept trying to get me to sell them.

I am thrilled that you have had success with them & I wish you & every one here many more successes. I also brought some more shares on that pullback,

Cheers

mmff

Yeah I looked at Dicker Data a while back and thought they were too expensive, though it was only a brief look and I didn't realise the rate of compounding they had with their capital!

They certainly have the need to secure the cloud on their side.