Forum Topics Margin loan on Strawman
Nnyck777
3 years ago

Cheeky thread!

I am out of dollars!!! So many great companies on sale today! Wish list……

I would buy more:

PNV

Nearmap

FMG (general price reduction over 2021 -10% up today)

PNV again

What a week! I am glad I have had a chance to go back over my RL portfolio in the past month. Really try and take a hard honest look. I am very heavy on tech and health but I have always tried to stick with areas I can appreciate and understand. Investing is hard. You can’t borrow conviction. It can be so hard to hold when you have multi-day drops of 10% plus.

I am perplexed by the market response to Nearmap. Macro picture Biden’ infrastructure spend means America is about to build. They will need mapping and site inspections…Nearmap could be in the perfect spot in the perfect time. Pointerra another stock to possibly benefit from these tailwinds.

PNV has had a changing of the guard. I understand this is rattling cages but a drop from $2.50 to $1.50 in 6/12 with expanding markets, uses and uptake. BTM is the new gold standard. This seems like an utterly crazy overreaction.

I read that the market is about to cycle back into healthcare. All of my healthcare stocks have been hammered the last month (plus to be honest). Volpara is another that comes to mind. $1.28 to $1.13 on no news in the past month. I always believed expanding healthcare to be a less volatile play. I have been proven wrong.

What would you add to your theoretical Strawman margin loan? Or perhaps you aren’t 100% invested to begin with:) Or maybe I am mad and my conviction is dogged stubbornness. I guess time will tell.