Forum Topics Step One Product testing
Slew
3 years ago

STP Step one Jocks

Can blokes really have customer love for a pair of jocks?

Is it too big a call to call them the most comfy underwear ever?

I've been doing some product testing with a few friends. The initial response is they are expensive. I wanted to get some real life feedback so I encouraged anyone I could to get a pair to try for me. The selling point was the no questions asked money back guarantee with no need to return the jocks, smart. All the guys I got to test a pair have gone back and ordered more. I just put in an order for 21 pairs for my partner, neighbor and brother in law, taking advantage of the black Friday sale. (yep they all wanted a weeks worth)

So in the hope of expanding my testing results, if anyone is interested in the company or just wants to try "the best jocks ever" grab a pair and post your thoughts.

I added to SM last night so I can track the business, sales of 73mill in 4 years is a big uptake in IMO.

It will be interesting to see if they can replicate the success with a women's range, it may be a lot harder given the greater range of options already available in womens underwear. Step ones mens competition is basically limited to Bonds and Tradies.

And yes they are on sale today.....

Nnyck777
3 years ago

I love the market testing and your initiative!! Fabulous. Can I suggest 1 other thing all participants should Zip it - could get a fortnights worth that way and assist my ailing share price ;)

Rick
3 years ago

Clever idea @Slew :)! Although I do think this topic is a little below the belt! I’m not sure if its meant to be ‘jockular’ , or it’s simply to put a ‘bulge’ in the bottom line. Either way it’s a stretch!

OK…enough of the puns. I had a quick look at the metrics for Step One and this looks like a company I would invest in. I’ll give them a try before slipping into the stock (the shares that is!) :)

PabloVic
3 years ago

Great question. I purchased a small order of Step One jocks back in 2019, was really impressed so then brought some more. Not a product I buy often but it is my go to brand.

In regards to other friends, I got a mate onto them and it's the only brand he buys. Was also out camping last Xmas and the brand came up positively in conversation with other people I just met. When guys are talking passionately about an underwear brand then they definitely have something going for them.

As you said, interesting to see if they have as good success with womens underwear and also how well the push into the U.S goes.

CHill
3 years ago

I first got a few pairs of StepOne jocks back in 2019 during the black friday sales and I'll never buy another pair of jocks again!

I work up in the North West of WA, hot, sweaty and well that's enough information I think.

The problem is the 7 pairs I purchased 2 years ago are still in perfect condition. Normally I would go through a pair of jocks every 6-12 months but these are still like the day i got them!

In saying that I did just buy another 12 pairs because I'm a sucker for some black Friday deals.

Hands
3 years ago

@ CHill

I think a full-body shudder went through me at the line "I'll never buy another pair of jocks again!"