Forum Topics Powerhouse (ASX:PVL)
Noddy74
3 years ago

Really good post TEPCapital. You laid out a compelling investment thesis. It's not a company I'd come across and I will definitely take a look. I'm a bit sceptical about a business that invests in an Australian space services company - but one day someone will find a model that works. CourseLoop and Firmus Grid both look interesting, with CourseLoop being an IPO candidate in the next 12 months.

Harley Grosser has been a busy boy in the past couple of years! In addition to his involvement here he is the founder of Capital H, MD of ARC and a Director of Motio - the latter two only coming in the past 12 months. I've also heard him on numerous podcasts and Livewire. There's barely a deal that gets done that he hasn't had some involvement in. I hear Kevin Rudd approaches him first when he wants to secure more vaccine...! It's perhaps slightly interesting that he has used Capital H and not ARC as the investment vehicle for PVL. ARC has flagged having a Venture Capital fund manager within its structure but it may of been easier to attract the team (Josh Baker et al.) it has from a Capital H perspective.

Will try to look at this more closely in the next fortnight.

Noddy74
3 years ago

Hey Tom,

I ended up taking that position in Powerhouse (ASX:PVL). Given its illiquidity it took a while to get in but the last few days have enabled some interesting opportunities to start to present themselves. Ultimately it's a bet on the team to deliver on the turnaround, find some good deals and then make the appropriate announcements.

I'm surprised @Bkrdzn hasn't taken a position yet. Before he knows it PVL could be at 20 cents and he'll miss out entirely!

6c83df8e20e819ec8aa4ad486a0363574229b2.png

BkrDzn
3 years ago

The dilemma of marking it in my straw portfolio or not and getting up the ranking again haha. Whilst I like the strawman community and process, I am not in a position to engage like that. But what matters more is IRL and if I do my part to get PVL right, then my investors will do very well as well as those that come along for the ride. That's how I get ranked on PVL.

Muddled
3 years ago

The only good thing from the carnage in my SMSF on Friday was that by Buy order for PVL @11c went through. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing but who knows what this week will bring

Noddy74
3 years ago

Hi Josh,

I was just being a bit cheeky and pulling your chain a bit. Clearly if it does go to 20 cents - over a 20 day VWAP - not having it in your SM portfolio will be the least thing on your mind!