Forum Topics Strawman Meeting Guests

G'day @Strawman,

Can we please see if we can request the following companies to address strawman's members.

1) SDR - Siteminder ( I think this company is at the inflection point and serving global customers. i believe it has high potential

2) CAT - Catapult ( Again at the inflection point, CEO doing a great job. love to hear what they are thinking now)

3) HPG - Highpage ( Tradie marketplace, I have been following the company for couple of years and it is doing what it said it will do.. some nice product development is going on there - love to hear what's the future they are aiming for)

4) STG ( Straker) and AIM ( AI- MEdia) - They both are punished by market in last few years, working in simmilar sort of industry and fundamantally companies are progressing well. worth speaking to both of them to understand the industry and how they are thinking the trends

5) KME - Would like to know where CEO head lies...and how he thinks of running business keeping recent results in mind

Strawman
a month ago

Hi @Valueinvestor0909 -- leave it with me, I'll see if we can get them along. Most have talked with us before so I'm sure we can line up some meetings.

Actually, managed to lock in Darryl Abotomey from Adrad for next week too, which should be a good one.

mushroompanda
a month ago

+1 for STG and AIM, especially the latter. In terms of AI disruption, these two are the canary in the coal mine and right in the midst of being heavily impacted.

I have a feeling the two companies will have fundamentally different views of the longevity of humans remaining in the loop for translation and transcription.

Duffshot38
3 months ago

Hey @strawman I have an idea for a different kind of meeting guest.

Not sure how many people use or are familiar with Journalytic but its an investment journaling tool which I have had a play with over past 12 months have a resolution to get serious with this year. It has some really interesting functionality (the youtube vids give a good oversight) and I think its something alot of strawpeople may get some value out of. At the moment it is free and may go freemium at some point but for now the capability for free is great. As a bonus Jake Taylor from the value after hours podcast is one of the founders so if you could jag Jake for a chat to talk journalytic and just general investing process thoughts along the lines of Ian Cassel meeting I think that would be a great session.

Strawman
3 months ago

Hi @Duffshot38 -- I've listened to some of their podcasts and like the content they put out. Will see what I can do.

AlphaAngle
3 months ago

Thanks for the reminder about journalytic I really need to start using that again. It's great reading what I thought several years ago.

I like the way Jake thinks through problems and is generous with what he learns.

I've listened to all of value afterhours and read Jake's book the rebel allocator.

He almost never pitches stocks but he did here which was a great insight into his process:

https://youtu.be/sdfdA5djfyI?si=FsTtgO30cb_-dWut

The rebel allocator is a narrative where a young MBA basically receives business lessons from a fictionalised warren buffett and there are one or two chapters in there that helped me understand capital allocation better than anything else I have read. Charlie Munger is on record saying it should be made into a movie. (I didn't love the story but was worthwhile read for the other stuff).

Duffshot38
3 months ago

Yes I did a similar thing yesterday reading through my thoughts of a year ago when trying out Journalytic and it is amazing what you learn from just going back to your thoughts of the past! I can see some real areas to improve my process just by looking at very simple notes from the time. NY Resolution is to use it much more frequently. It does need some work on the ASX feed but its not really about tracking stocks more about tracking decisions and process

Dominator
3 months ago

Journalytic is my only tool for creating notes. Big fan. It's the only efficient way I have found to be able to make a few small notes on the company then using the reminders and decision tools to bring you back to an idea as required to review. For companies I have more notes on it is easy to look through a running history of entries.

Lack of ASX data is slightly annoying but it is really easy to make your own codes. My guess would be the exorbitant fees for ASX data which Andrew knows all about...

AlphaAngle
2 months ago

Hey Andrew, great interview with Jake and thanks for asking my question. Wasn't able to join live but watched it the next day.

Stuff like this and the extra effort you go to makes strawman such a unique offering so cheers!

Summer12
5 months ago

Hi Andrew,

Could you possibly reach out to Vection Technologies (VR1)

I know Director Gianmarco Orgnoni has conducted some Interviews before, and they have a new Chairman of the board Mr Damian Banks.

Would like to get an update on products, partners and the financials.

I understand Mathan Somasundaran was a fan a while back too (Not sure now)

https://vection-technologies.com

Disc Hold IRL & SM

Strawman
5 months ago

Can do @Summer12, looks interesting

edgescape
6 months ago

Could we get a meeting with A4N Alpha HPA?

Thanks

Strawman
6 months ago

You bet @edgescape -- I just emailed the MD Rimas Kairaitis