Forum Topics GLB GLB Globe (GLB)
Strawman
2 years ago

Great post @Noddy74 :)

..and don't talk yourself down. I used to be worried I wasn't cool either, but...

081674b59bbdc1f163ee36301bb24368668be0.png

Noddy74
2 years ago

@GrandPrixPony, you're absolutely right to point out the liquidity issue at Globe. Just have a look at this depth chart below bearing in mind this is a $240m+ market cap company:

a8f99dd55ef51ebdac9cb5e1e215cb5911fc81.png

You have to be comfortable with volatility if you want to own it. I'd also point out that it's far from immune from supply chain issues and also that executive director remuneration (who are also the founders/owners) is pretty high. In spite of all of that I own it. For me it started as a good company that is getting better over time. My hope is that in two or three years we look back and call it a great company. I think it was Gourav Sodhi who was the analyst that gave it the biggest rap on The Call and he is an analyst that I have a lot of time for.

I respect your discipline around investing rules though. I expect that in the current investing climate, that is probably the norm for some years to come, that discipline will serve you well and companies who break your 'rules' are less likely to get a free pass from the market.