Forum Topics KGN KGN Kogan Customer Experience
Nnyck777
2 years ago

Following on from straws today about KGN - I don’t hold. My perspective is bearish. I recall a podcast last year with the CEO discussing the difficulty of managing stock - how much to keep on hand and how KGN ended up with excess following 2020 lockdowns - big expenditure and not the sales to match (something along that line). Getting this wrong would be very costly for online businesses.

I also bought an online smart TV in 2019 through Kogan. It arrived pretty easily however the Netflix app stopped working in 2 weeks of purchase. I spent many hours attempting to patch the software in the TV. The service department was useless and pretty unpleasant to deal with. I was pretty irritated as they had sold me a faulty product. The catch was it had been during Xmas sales so they didn’t offer refunds. They suggested I send the TV back at my expense (40 inch tv - quite the hassel) and they would take a look.

The same tv died last week (less than 3 years old). I went straight to JB Hi-Fi which has always been amazing from customer service, to no questions asked warranty exchange. I have had items such as speakers fail just inside the 3 year warranty and they have exchanged them for a better product, with brand new warranty, upgraded tech and no extra cost. Needless to say I will never buy anywhere else but JB Hifi and certainly never touch Kogan again.

nerdag
2 years ago

@Nnyck777 sums it up nicely. Customer service with Kogan is hit and miss, seems to be more often a miss, and the cheap and nasty reputation mentioned in @DrPete123's straw has been longstanding.

Hard to justify owning a business where the only hook bringing people back is cheap prices. It gets them in the front door, but a low CAC is meaningless if the LTV of a customer is 1-2 purchases because you frustrate them into looking elsewhere.