Forum Topics RHY RHY General Discussion
Nnyck777
one year ago

Congrats RHY holders 100% in a day off colostat CA certification in the UK. Can’t be unhappy with that.

bjbart
2 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. The gastroenterologists can breathe a sigh of relief.

bjbart
2 years ago

I’d love to hear from any gastroenterologists or public health professionals about ColoStat and the hurdles it would have to overcome to surpass the current screening process for bowel cancer. Because the fact of the matter is that endoscopy has been a genuine cash cow for gastroenterologists since the advent current bowel cancer screening program, and since it’s government lead, and with the current infrastructure, it would take a monumental shift on multiple levels for that to change on a national and/or global level.

Vandelay
2 years ago

Hi @bjbart ColoSTAT will not replace endoscopy/colonoscopy. It is a replacement of the FIT testing or used as a triage in conjunction with FIT testing.

79bafc5496b6717f5f142ddada9c288c3a8b26.png

bjbart
2 years ago

Ah yes I see. Thanks for pointing this out @Vandelay . Perhaps I should just do some more reading on it and keep quiet.

Vandelay
2 years ago

All good! Don't worry I had the same assumption as you when i first read about the ColoSTAT test. Basically the very short thesis is that this replaces the faecal test, with various benefits but the main being its less invasive and can be done as a standard blood test completed at the same time as part of people routine health checks.

GazD
2 years ago

I actually do think it might lead to a reduction in endoscopy but not in a meaningful way that would hurt gastros in the pocket.

will be fascinating to see how it’s place in practice evolves once it’s in practice

nerdag
2 years ago

Agree @GazD, it will reduce demand (a good thing for the health budget) but there aren't enough gastroenterologists out there to meet current needs let alone the likely increased demand from the impending baby boomer time bomb.