Forum Topics DDH DDH General Discussion
Rick
2 years ago

@loshell, I will be very surprised if either the founders or the management sell any of their shares when they are released from voluntary escrow on 30 August. If they do sell, this would be a HUGE red flag for me, particularly given the company is the process of buying back 10% of its outstanding shares on-market.

The latest guidance was excellent and I don’t expect any surprises when they report on 30 August. I think DDH is a well-managed business and the shares are extremely undervalued at the current price (82.5c).

Disc: Held IRL (4%), SM (2.8%)

ASX Announcement:

“DDH1 Limited (ASX: DDH) (DDH1 or the Company) advises in accordance with ASX Listing Rule 3.10A, that 65,056,580 fully paid ordinary shares (Shares) subject to voluntary escrow arrangements at the time that DDH1 was admitted to the official list of the ASX, will be released from voluntary escrow at 4.15pm on 30 August 2022, being the date that the Company will release to the ASX its audited financial results for the financial year ended 30 June 2022. These Shares are already quoted on the ASX. The shares to be released from escrow are held as follows:

• Founders1: 56,983,251 shares

• Management2: 8,073,329 shares”

loshell
2 years ago

Generally agree with all your points given all signs point "up and to the right", but there's certainly precedent for founders selling down some of their recently unencumbered shares a year or so post IPO in order to free up some cash (Cettire is a recent example which comes to mind). I'm generally inclined not to hold that against anyone or treat it as a red flag unless it reduces their ownership to something negligible or becomes a pattern...

Rick
2 years ago

@loshell, I will be very surprised if either the founders or the management sell any of their shares when they are released from voluntary escrow on 30 August. If they do sell, this would be a HUGE red flag for me, particularly given the company is the process of buying back 10% of its outstanding shares on-market.

The latest guidance was excellent and I don’t expect any surprises when they report on 30 August. I think DDH is a well-managed business and the shares are extremely undervalued at the current price (82.5c).

Disc: Held IRL (4%), SM (2.8%)

ASX Announcement:

“DDH1 Limited (ASX: DDH) (DDH1 or the Company) advises in accordance with ASX Listing Rule 3.10A, that 65,056,580 fully paid ordinary shares (Shares) subject to voluntary escrow arrangements at the time that DDH1 was admitted to the official list of the ASX, will be released from voluntary escrow at 4.15pm on 30 August 2022, being the date that the Company will release to the ASX its audited financial results for the financial year ended 30 June 2022. These Shares are already quoted on the ASX. The shares to be released from escrow are held as follows:

• Founders1: 56,983,251 shares

• Management2: 8,073,329 shares”

Rick
2 years ago

Today I emailed the CEO of DDH expressing my concerns over the falling share price without any news. i asked if DDH had any intensions of issuing guidance.

The response that from came from the CFO was a brief “At this stage we will not be providing guidance between now and the FY22 result release.”

This doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. I don’t know why a company wouldn’t issue conservative guidance when their shares are taking a hammering, unless of course the news isn’t good! It looks like investors will just have to be patient and wait until the FY22 results are released.