Forum Topics Refinitiv University Dealing Room Challenge
edgescape
2 years ago

Recently I participated in the Refinitiv University Dealing challenge.

Not sure how or why the lecturer asked me to participate. Silly of me not to ask. I'm sure it was something about marks from one of my finance subjects - but it wasn't like a high distinction.

https://www.refinitiv.com/perspectives/future-of-investing-trading/refinitivs-university-dealing-challenge/

Basically you are a group managing a forex dealing desk and you need to sell and buy aussie/usd with the aim of making a profit.

Our team initially was losing money as the guy who was doing buy/sell orders got a bit overwhelmed by the process of dealing and trading in the first session.

But the last two sessions we regrouped and we managed to make back the loss and go into profit. Hoping to take that experience in my real life portfolio now!

Anyone else here or outside you know got the call out?

However, I won't reveal too much what happens during the challenge and the roles each team member plays.

Won't be fair to other potential participants - and I beg anyone here not to spoil the details too. After all, it is a challenge!

BkrDzn
2 years ago

I had a subject like this at uni where we traded fx and short term paper as teams within the class. The biz school had a dealing room set up with bloomberg data feed for live pricing. Each team had their own designation (bank, corporate, etc...) and objectives to achieve. Some people also didn't understand dealing or making a series of steps to achieve a goal so half the team were impossible to trade with too. Finding out who did fx maths back to front in their head to make bank was important to achieving objectives. Was fun.

edgescape
2 years ago

We did get a basic news terminal but it was not Bloomberg. Instead it was a very scaled back interface and all you can do buy(bid) and sell(offer) to market or other teams.

There is no charting as well and nowhere to see past trades. It's just pure adrenaline and instinct.

I googled the trading system and there are not many screenshots or manuals of the trading interface. My guess is those who have done forex dealing here won't share as well.

I've probably shared lots of hints already :).

Hope no one from refinitiv or anyone associated sees this. If post gets moderated, so be it. Make the most of the info while you can