Forum Topics EOL Deep dive
mikebrisy
2 years ago

Just finished listening to the $EOL Deep Dive, as I couldn't make the live session due to having a regular Thursday evening teaching slot. Am providing here some feedback as requested by @Strawman on the format. Specifics on $EOL will be a separate post.

Top Line: I really like the format and hope it will continue.

First up, thanks to everyone who contributed. The build-up of content leading up to the event was great. The discussion was well-informed and asked a lot of questions. Importantly, as you'd expect, it gave me new perspectives on issues I have been thinking about as well as some insights on areas I hadn't really thought about.

I think one month per deep dive is about right. Also, positioning ahead of a Management Meeting is excellent, as it will really up the quality of the questions we ask.

@Strawman 's opening scene setting remarks were very helpful. I also agree that the way to respond is using the platform we have here - Valuations, Straws, Forums, Votes.

Looking forward to the next session! Thanks again, all.

Strawman
2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback @mikebrisy and @wtsimis

Will get the ball rolling on the next Deep Dive session this week.

wtsimis
2 years ago

Managed to catch up with the deep dive on Energy One and enjoyed the discussion and insight last week.

Being a holder in RL and on SM my reasoning on its prospects is the runway Energy One will be able to carve out for itself and track record on a EPS basis it has delivered.

The shifting landscape to renewables and ability for EOL to tap into this revenue stream in Australia and Europe is a niche play and one that may prove to be very profitable as customers are added.

When you combine the historic business performance with the leadership team at the helm as well as proven track record they have shown over a long period many boxes are ticked. Any weakness in price with no change to business thesis will provide a further opportunity to add to current position.

The risks to consider with EOL surround valuation and debt . If results miss estimates or execution fils to be positive a rerate can be seen as outlined by @PinchOfSalt this week .

What was interesting to hear on the deep dive was possible reasoning for the current capital raise with a view to bring in new institutional holders. I can see the merit of this play when looking long term and one that will be more evident in the weeks ahead .

In looking at EOL and the opportunity presented to it across the globe in the next 10yrs opening share registry to big institutions will be a natural evolution considering the tightly held share registry in play.

Thanks again to all that participated in the session and look forward the next deep dive .