Forum Topics Research Services
mikebrisy
2 years ago

This forum post is prompted by @Remorhaz 's straw in reply to my post on CSL broker views.

What research services are the Strawpeople using and what do they pay for them? To get the ball rolling, here are mine:

• With Commsec (free) - I get GoldmanSachs Australia research notes and Morningstar Quantitative (which is good for long run historicals) but I don't pay much attention to under/fair/over assessments as it is purely based on historical analysis/algorithm.
  • FNArena has a sample of ASX research coverage, with a 3-4 line summary of research findings and updates on Target Price, EPS and DPS and a consensus from the limited database (typically, 30% to 60% of brokers covering). Annual fee $450.
  • Marketscreener.com - doesn't have qualitative info, nor vals by broker by does report average, max and min SP targets and history, with P/E and DPS forecasts/upgrades and downgrades. ASX and full international coverage - so good for sector comparisons. US$336 p.a. Seems to tpyically cover 2-3x FNArena database.