Forum Topics Past Meetings Videos - any issues?
Vandelay
2 years ago

Hey @Strawman I was trying to re-watch some parts of the latest meeting interview and I couldn't fast forward or scroll to parts of the video. Not sure if it's on my end or not?

Strawman
2 years ago

Huh, yeah same here. And on other videos too. Probably just a Vimeo setting that's changed -leave it with me @Vandelay

Thanks for the heads up.

AbelianGrape
2 years ago

@Strawman On a tangentially related issue, now that we've got so many meetings in the can I'm having trouble remembering which companies have been interviewed. I can just search in the Meetings page, but it doesn't load the whole content unless you scroll down, which will become more of a pain as more meetings get added.

Do you reckon we could get a ``Meetings'' link on the individual company page taking us to a list of all the videos for that company?

Maybe a new tab to go with Reports|My Report|Forum|Investors? Although, given that most companies don't have meetings (yet!) maybe that's a waste of real estate.

Maybe a link below the ``Consensus'' button?

Maybe a link next to the ticker in the company name?

Or maybe a filter on the Meetings page itself to filter by company name?

I obviously don't have a great solution yet, and in any case it would require some effort to tag all the meetings, but it may come in really useful in a year or two when there's heaps more meetings to scroll through.

SaberX
2 years ago

I think one good filter would be having a taggable Ticker code to search by or filter on the meetings page?

Or like how ozbargain's website has an endless scrolling feed or you can toggle it onto page view i.e. have to click onto page 2. You could then list which companies are on which page as a general 'contents/index' style page perhaps?

But i presume filters and the like for the type of meeting, ticker code etc. would be a good start. I do like the suggestion of a company's page having the linked meeting too. Makes sense if one goes to a company page that they can see straws, past deep dives or meetings etc?

Strawman
2 years ago

Yeah there has to be a better way..

Perhaps we just add a search box on the meetings page? I'll see what we can do..

SaberX
2 years ago

Hi all,

Wasn't sure if it was just me and my browser, and have misplaced strawman's email (at work) - to email privately, so apologies for raising publicly.

But is there anyone else experiencing an issues with the meetings page? I thought i'd been absent for awhile and wanted to tune in to past meetings (many to catch up on). I've tried the Cobham video first up: "Cobram Estate (ASX:CBO) Joint CEOs Leandro Ravetti & Sam Beaton describe the company's competitive strengths and opportunities for growth"

I seem to however be getting the video for RPM Global (thought it was just going to transition to Cobham after 5 minutes haha).

I did a quick scroll down and the 5th video down is the RPM Global: "Members discuss mining software & consulting company RPM Global (ASX:RUL)."

However i am getting the ALoggio video/preso?

Is it just me? or just a quick fix up /syncing required? If the latter then just a FYI Andrew! Thanks :)

Strawman
2 years ago

@SaberX seems good for me too. I checked across devices and browsers too.

Maybe a purge of the cache, or the old "off and on" might be the go here?

Btw, if you ever need to contact me directly you can DM me here on Strawman (go to my profile page and you'll see an option), or my email is andrew@strawman.com.

Let me know if the issue persists and I'll try and dig a bit deeper.

Also, i can send you the direct Vimeo link if all else fails.

SaberX
2 years ago

Thanks @Lambo and @Strawman - yes i was hoping to DM rather than publicly post, but good to know its working for all.

Oddly i have 'refreshed' the page (previously i refreshed and nothing changeD) and all the videos are aligned.

Very odd!

I did screenshot them, pity i got rid of it. I'll keep an eye out and screenshot it again if it happens. Thanks - now on to watching the Cobham discussion!

On a side note is there any way to side download for offline viewing (commuting, poor wifi) the Vimeo videos?

SaberX
2 years ago

Hi @Strawman was going to send a DM but thought this might help others down the road or others may have a solution...I'm on an android phone and being stuck with a little one I'm wondering if there's a way I can make my lounge sessions productive by casting the meetings to my large screen t

From what I google gather Vimeo videos can be cast through their app but not chrome browsers? Is there a way to access the videos via Vimeo videos itself ? If so it would be a major productivity booster for my pat down sessions haha. Otherwise if anyone knows how to cast or screen the video from in browser on android to a tv screen (I've got an LG OLED b9 so pretty sure it's new enough to have inbuilt Chromecast as you can cast from YouTube).

Thanks