Forum Topics Adobe
Mujo
2 years ago

If anyone needed anymore convincing the market can be extremely irrational...

Adobe fell sharply after announcing the acquisition of Figma last year, then overnight it fell sharply again after the DoJ announced it planned to file an antitrust lawsuit against Adobe seeking to block the acquisition...

No holding just marveling at the market reactions.

60fa70be20f3cedab9c086046f3b4309f1ddfd.png

thunderhead
2 years ago

That illustrates the varying opinions of the market - some investors liked the acquisition, and others didn’t. They each sold when there was news that they didn’t want to hear.

You would think one of the other group would eventually buy their shares back to a large extent, but neither outcome is set in stone, so it could take a while for the price to shake out and stabilise.

@Mujo good point, i have been studying US stocks closely over the last 1-1,5 years and the conclusion i come to is that it is incredibly short term "beat" focussed. i thought the US was supposed to be the most efficient market....... look at the volatility in NVDA ovre the last few months, like no idea. of course easy to say this, the aim is to make some $ out of it

you make a few commenst on US stocks if you want to discuss any findings im up for a chat

thunderhead
2 years ago

The price is eye-popping. On the other hand, Adobe is not known to make large and hurried acquisitions, and are generally reasonable with their capital allocation.

So if the acquisition doesn't go ahead, you have to wonder what sort of competitive threat Figma poses as a standalone entity that is not under Adobe's wing.

Mujo
2 years ago

Hi @Solvetheriddle, thanks definitely I'll reach with findings! and happy to have a chat whenever you find anything interesting. I've only just started really looking but I'm quite excited that some real quality companies are being sold off.