Forum Topics Microcap Hell
Solvetheriddle
one year ago

Just listened to the QVG podcast. i am usually quite critical of my old industry participants but i think these guys are ok.

they are mainly industrial small cap investors although they do have micro exposure. micro is defined (usually) as a mkt cap of under $300m. QVG have predominantly profitable micros. interesting point is that they saw current market sentiment in micros as being as bad as the GFC with double digit FCF yields common. the reason given, in their opinion, was that the last 10 years, in the good times (oh yes that) there were many micro funds set up which are now under pressure of withdrawals as investors reduce risk. when a fund manager is faced with withdrawals it is sell regardless, they are forced sellers.. even good stocks could become too large a part of the portfolio, so they are sold to some extent as well. may explain some of the carnage and speaks to the title above which they used.

what to do? well i think if you persevere, your timeframe needs to be longer. the fast returns of 2017-2021 were an anomaly, imo. 2023 could form the base for extended gains over the next several years but we are still going through the cleansing process. patience is required. what is also required is trying to be even more selective with investments, balance sheets + FCF are more important than before.

Which podcast you are referring to?

Solvetheriddle
one year ago

@Valueinvestor0909 QVG do a 6 monthly investor podcast. i am not an investor, but must be on the mailing list. not too sure if it is open to viewing for the broader public

Slomo
one year ago

Here's the link to the QVG Capital March 2023 Investor Webinar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zYwyDrGfA

This think this is the one that @Solvetheriddle referenced?

Solvetheriddle
one year ago

@Slomo hope all is good with you, well sleuthed! thats it