Forum Topics Replying to Straws & Valuations
Strawman
one year ago

You asked, we delivered!

You can now reply to Straws and Valuations.

At the bottom of every Straw/Valuation, you will see "add comment" (or if there are already comments you'll see how many there are):

00c953bc2f8cfec64b3023b1ace41233547960.png

What happens here is that clicking this will automatically create a new forum thread (this will also appear on the company forum page and the general forums tab at the top).

The Straw/Valuation you are referencing will be pinned to the top of the forum thread.

If you notice anything that doesn't seem right, let us know.

AlphaAngle
one year ago

I reckon this will be great for engagement!

Bear77
one year ago

Thanks Andrew. I tried that out tonight, adding a comment to a #Moats Straw by @Invmum on Swoop (SWP). And it now says "1 comment" instead of "Add comment" at the bottom of their straw.

Trouble is, when I click on the "1 comment", it doesn't take me to the comment, it takes me to a blank field for me to type a new comment, exactly as it did when I clicked on "Add Comment" earlier. And my comment is nowhere to be seen, UNLESS you click "cancel" at that point - and then the comment appears.

I think there might be a bug because the display changes - from "Add Comment" to "1 Comment" (or however many comments there is), but the underlying link behind the "1 comment" display is unchanged, so the site acts as though you were clicking on the old "Add comment" button, which is no longer there.

Perhaps you need to leave the "Add Comment" button there, and display the Comment counter to the right, alongside the "Add Comment" button, so if you press "Add comment" (regardless of whether any comments have already been added), you get taken to the correct part of the site to add a comment (as it does now) but if instead you click on the "x comments" button (to the right of the "add comment" button, my suggestion), then you get taken to the forum that has been created to display the comments.

The other issue I guess is when you click on "Add Comment" (which currently is no longer there once a comment has been added) do you want to go to the bottom of the current comments, i.e. where your new comment will land, or do you want a blank field to type into with no other comments so no context as to where your comment will be displayed?

Currently you get the latter - no previous comments are displayed, just a blank box to type your comment into.

Not sure what the answers are, or what the community wants here, but I think the idea is good, in that comments on valuations or straws automatically occur in a linked forum thread, however that thread should get displayed as all others are I would have thought.

Strawman
one year ago

Ah yes, good thoughts @Bear77

We'll look to polish it up