Forum Topics OSX OSX Small cap checklist - Osteopor

Pinned straw:

Added one year ago

Thinking about a small cap growth play, I would ideally like to see:

- a clear proprietary advantage based on IP (patents and know-how being better than patents alone)

- technology that is demonstrably superior to incumbent alternatives

- technology that has been proven in the field over some years, as opposed to being “nearly ready”.

- very large & directly addressable global markets

- endorsement of technology by industry thought leaders

- a reasonably capital-light operational model

- high gross margins

- little to no debt & sufficient cash for the medium term

- directors holding 10% + of shares on issue

- extensive ongoing research to broaden the product suite/applications being conducted at scale and at someone else’s expense

- a share price that has been hampered by phenomenon that are likely to prove temporary

- clear operational/financial step changes being implemented

- No operational gap between what has been promised and what has been delivered

- despite all of the above, a lower EV/REV than peers

I think that Osteopore ticks every single one of these boxes.

But why take my word for it ? Have a read:

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02633224-6A1137097?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

I'm not going to venture a valuation except to say that I hold in real life and that it's north of eleven cents.

secondtake88
12 months ago

Quarterly surprise in store ?

Following up on Chairman Mark Leong's presentation to Strawman on Wednesday (see meetings page).

I'm clearly a fan of this one and guessing that the cash runway is the only thing holding back the share price.

Gross margins are very high - they need a step change up in revenue.

I think that this is underway & Mark mentioned this twice at least during the presentation.

This is primarily due to the acquisitions. The acquired businesses did 43% of their revenue last CY or say $177k in March quarter.

If revenue from a typical product go from $1 to $2.5 (as stated by Mark) then that $177 becomes $442k; an increase of $265k.

However there is also the following:

a) Resumption of sales to Europe this quarter due to the company’s successful transition to the new EU medical devices regulation.

Such sales were completely missing from Q3 FY 23 – but are 8% of normal sales – so say $33k added there

b) Normal’ pre-covid and post-covid growth of about 8% per quarter – so say $33k added there

c) Craniofacial heating up, particularly in Vietnam, new markets in Great Britain, South Africa & new products in Taiwan – say another $50k.

So I think it’s not unrealistic to think that current quarter revenues may be higher than $700k.

If this is the case then their cash runway suddenly becomes (I calculate) over 6 quarters.

This is with none of the entitlement shortfall amount placed and with no subsequent revenue growth (both unlikely).

I also think that Chinese regulatory approval is closer than the market thinks ie 3rd quarter this year – this is the second largest market behind the US.

secondtake88
8 months ago

Adding to the above, Mark revealed a few days ago that the June quarterly didn't include any benefits from the acquisitions as the integrations have taken awhile. So that's still to come. Will help margins a lot and therefore the runway. I'm still buying.