Forum Topics QAN QAN Selling

Pinned straw:

Added 8 months ago

I had seen this as an opportunistic purchase ahead of a bumper profit and continued strength in the margin. I still like the value in the business (7x LTM PE) but given the increased politicization of the company, I am cautious of a near-term re-rate. 

Rudyboy
7 months ago

One of my friends owns Skippers Aviation. The pilot strike was an absolute gold mine for him. He is a big name in the horse world and flies the jockeys out to Kalgoorlie for the race week. Normal price if $7k for the flight, last week, $12k! Thanks Qantas.

mikebrisy
8 months ago

And on selling tickets for flights already cancelled, head of ACCC has just said they want to at least double the record fine of $125m paid by VW. So they are gunning for c.$300m in the High Court.

$QAN have also extended deadline for expiry of COVID flight credits.

Pressure on Govt. to increase competition is mounting and not going away.

Well done to everyone who sold this week.

Disc. Not held, never will.

nerdag
8 months ago

Long term, Qantas revenue is driven by domestic not international.

The short term bump in revenues has been predominantly driven by international, with domestic now approaching normal long term capacity, demand and costs. International has not yet approached normal, but is likely to do so in the next 2-3 years.

My expectation would be that overall revenues from both international and domestic in the next few years will decrease, given falling demand and return to normal capacity. Add on the capex, and it's the perfect time to sell.

innuendo
8 months ago

I'm joining you and selling down my shares. I took a small RL position with the hope of some short-term gains on recovery, with my sarcastic rationalisation being that owning shares in Qantas is a natural hedge for my travel expenditure!

I'm getting a little tired of the political agenda and Joyce's ramblings so have decided to reallocate the funds to something that I feel more positive about... perhaps a Virgin IPO. ;)