Forum Topics EVS EVS Board changes

Pinned straw:

Added 10 months ago

Colby Manwaring to be appointed as Director

'Colby has had an executive and entrepreneurial career in water and environmental software, covering nearly all aspects of the industry, including software development, sales and marketing, professional technical training, strategic business planning and execution, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances. Starting his career as a software developer he went on to lead multi-national infrastructure analytics software company, Innovyze, with 3,000 customers globally, which subsequently sold to software giant Autodesk in 2021 for $1Bn USD ($1.55Bn AUD).'

Interesting that Colby is a) based in North America, EVS' largest region and b) has a background in water.

Colby was CEO when Innovyze was sold to Autodesk for just over $1b in 2021. Prior to this, he spent 10 years as CEO of XP Solutions -- another US based business -- which was eventually merged with Innovyze in 2017. Innovyze is a global leader in water infrastructure software. When the acquisition took place, Autodesk stated it positioned them 'as a technology leader in end-to-end water infrastructure solutions from design to operations, accelerates Autodesk’s digital twin strategy, and creates a clearer path to a more sustainable and digitized water industry.'

Very, very interesting. Colby will presumably add significant value and subject-matter expertise around the water segment and bring an established network with him to the director role.

Hugh Robertson to step down

Having served as a director since September 2018, Hugh will step down effective 1 September 2023. There is no justification given for his exit. On paper though, Colby seems a much better addition to the board, so I am not complaining..

Strawman
10 months ago

I agree @Rocket6 -- Coby seems like he's got the right experience and connections. I think it's especially interesting from the perspective of the nascent water division.

As the announcement says, Innovyze does water industry software, and Coby ran this for 4 years before it was acquired by Autodesk for $1b in 2021. And then for another 2 years after that.

In 2021, Innovyze had 3,000 customers, mostly public and private utility companies. Right in the sweet spot for EVS's offering. So I'm hoping he can at least open a few doors.

Autodesk is on the NASDAQ and is valued at over $46b and from what I can see has close to US$2b in cash.

At the time of the acquisition, the Autodesk CEO said:

1285f6f876aafbb1a169e1939efe6fc6856907.png

Maybe Coby should be helping to introduce EVS to Autodesk! ok, I'm getting too carried away now..

All that being said, I did have a little chuckle when i read Coby's LinkedIn profile:

22ffc4e363434ce9a99ee58b7f03bf4df30f3f.png

I'm probably not being fair, but I do tend to snigger a little whenever I see someone describe themselves as "visionary" or "inspirational".

thunderhead
10 months ago

This Coby guy sure does think very highly of himself :P

Disc. : Hold ADSK shares directly, though I have little idea about this tuck-in acquisition as I don't have a long history on the register.