Forum Topics SWP SWP Financials

Pinned straw:

Added 11 months ago

Swoop was extremely loved when they listed for $1 and rallied to $2 but have been sold down to $0.29 today, purely on market sentiment it would seem based on todays results. I like that there has been a very substantial buy back and that there has been decent director buying at these levels also. Very small RL holding for me.

92405a780ae02b8d46b2020f2c142ab59456bf.png

Slideup
11 months ago

@LifeCapital I listened in to the call and I think part of the problem for them is that they aren't on peoples radar. There was not a single question asked following the presentation. For my part though it was a fairly solid update pretty much as expected based the 4C. The moose mobile acquisition appears to be going very well and gave them a good leg up in revenue, along with their own 6% organic growth.

I was a bit surprised at the relatively large statutory loss ($37m vs $5m pcp) - a lot of impairment charges and writedowns ($27m). So this might have taken the gloss of what was otherwise a solid result and all of their metrics are moving in the right direction. I also thought their guidance for 2024, while generally positive was a bit wishy washy in terms of anything concrete to benchmark against.

I think this still has another year of proving that that it has a legitimate niche in the telco world before it will get much much more of a re-rate but I am happy to back it. I am expecting them to maintain positive operating cash flow from here on though. I liked this slide demonstrating it is building a solid future with a nice trend in operating leverage developing.

17d8621c3a9a1884178671dd7ef8c2dd09b827.png