Forum Topics LTR LTR Business Model/Strategy

Pinned straw:

Added 8 months ago

Well as we know Albemarle have upped the offer to $3, crazy IMHO, but it's their money.

Word is they and IGO are hoping Tianqi keeps having issues so the Chinese will sell cheap. When the Chinese toe cutters came in Feb, they undid all the work to fix their original design and said that perseverance would win. Probably will...eventually...but Albemarle and IGO will be hoping for a cheap deal if they give up on the processing arm.

So for anyone thinking Lithium is on the want....U$4.5bn says otherwise.

Rudyboy
8 months ago

Yes, a couple of things to note, VW kicked their S American supply into touch due to child labour.

Lithium Brine is likely to be an even tougher road than some might think, water supply and consistent quality being the issue.

In WA we have three lithium hydroxide plants, two in a sea of pain and nowhere near nameplate and the other one under construction and ordering Oxycontin by the container load for the likely issues.

edgescape
8 months ago

I think the Oz Lithium plays is still being driven by Australia being the preferred and safer destination than say Chile.

Lithium prices are still going down, yet I can't see the share prices of the companies with quality resources come back at least in the short to medium term.

Note I mentioned "quality" as opposed to the others.